Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok this is a take off of my other thread. I didn't want to bump it as this is more specific.

My noob-ness is showing a bit here. Her states again.
Age 14
Height 5'5""
Weight 105lbs
Foot Womens sz 9 very narrow foot
3 times riding
looking for a park oriented board

I'm not totally understanding width and side cut radius. Width so boot overhang is at a minimum, side cut radius dependent on boot size? Meaning do I need to take into account her boot size when looking at side cut radius.
** sorry if I'm using wrong or overlapping terms etc. **

I found a Capita Space Metal Fantasy 143 these are the specs off the sizing chart. Wt: 80-120 Width: 233 Boot: >5
Since shes a woman sz 9 I found a chart that says that's 26cm using this conversion and board width that is a 1.5cm over hang front/rear which I think should be fine

Does this sound like a good fit for her? Yes I know she is new but looking for something for her to develop into and she has caught on very quickly. No rudder steering, using the leading edge to turn, our hills aren't what many of you see out west. Hard packed groomers, lots of manmade snow and over crowded park conditions.
We ride all conditions and she expressed interest in park. Started on very small rollers last year. Will try the best kiddie park stuff we can find and see how she likes it and where we go from there. I'm guessing she will ride 20-50+ days this year if this is a factor to consider.

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
That's fine get it for her and stop over analyzing shit. One thing I've realized on here is people try to make people over analyze every little thing. All you need to know does she like it, is she in the weight range, does she like the graphic, will it slide down a hill, and will she have fun.

·
Registered
658 Posts
That's fine get it for her and stop over analyzing shit. One thing I've realized on here is people try to make people over analyze every little thing. All you need to know does she like it, is she in the weight range, does she like the graphic, will it slide down a hill, and will she have fun.
This x a fucking million

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your both right on all counts. Points taken, don't forget as well you guys are the more experienced riders, seen the questions from ppl like us, used the wrong equipment having to buy the right gear, seen the gimmick stuff come and go even worked in the industry (BA).
This is why many of us value the opinions of you veterans. I'm fortunate I can afford to out fit her in gear but I can't afford to make a mistake and sell it at a loss to buy gear again. A few years ago I would have had to tell my daughter I can't afford for her to ride at all.

So basically thanks for helping many of the posters like me with these types of questions. :eusa_clap:

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Your both right on all counts. Points taken, don't forget as well you guys are the more experienced riders, seen the questions from ppl like us, used the wrong equipment having to buy the right gear, seen the gimmick stuff come and go even worked in the industry (BA).
This is why many of us value the opinions of you veterans. I'm fortunate I can afford to out fit her in gear but I can't afford to make a mistake and sell it at a loss to buy gear again. A few years ago I would have had to tell my daughter I can't afford for her to ride at all.

So basically thanks for helping many of the posters like me with these types of questions. :eusa_clap:
+1
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulled the trigger, thanks for all the input
I ended up buying on Geartrade

Nice and girly for her yet a good board to introduce her to some park/all mountain riding. Bring on the snow already.

Capita 143

1 - 7 of 7 Posts