Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Just wondering if anyone here has ridden a DC board or know someone who has and can share some thoughts on their quality and durability? I kinda wanna give the Ply or Mega a try.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a DC PBJ, it was a good quality board that I enjoyed for a few years it has now been semi retired I use it every once in a while riding my little backyard park. My cousin borrowed it to go riding with us last year and he enjoyed it. Overall it was a good first park board for me that helped with my progression, not the best, but good quality board

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for the reply, i appreciate it. i was starting to wonder why my post was getting stale and noone was posting! Would you buy DC again? have you ridden the forum destroyer? i have only ridden forum boards, both have been rocker and one flat or zero camber. I was looking into the forum destroyer camber. but DC's lock and load camber has really caught my attention. I want to buy a new park board for big rails. Unfortunately i cant find any people who have experienced DC boards or many in depth reviews.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I prob wouldn't buy DC again unless they came out with something game changing. Im a big reverse camber fan or like boards that have rocker camber. I like the skate like feel having rocker underneath my bindings, just personal preference I guess. I know nothing of forum boards have never ridden them but they are a quality brand. I bought a never summer evo at the start of last year and it's by far my favorite board I have owned yet! Totally slays any park feature you throw at it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats the evo got? camber under each feet and rocker everywhere else? does that lend it to ride more like a rocker or more like a camber overall?

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I picked up a mega at the end of this season. So far i really like it. As said above the quality is good, and easy to progress on. The lock and load camber is pretty poppy and stable(just like a traditional camber) while still being catch free. Id say at least try one if you can, that way you can base your descision on your experience. Maybe order from dogfunk,backcountry, or another online retailer that allows no questions asked returns....or a local shop with the same policy.

I liked my experience enough that i will be picking up a 2014 devun for a freestyleish powder whip next season.

disclaimer: im speaking only of the ply and mega as i have only had experience on the lock and load camber decks and dislike most reverse camber boards by any brand.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
tj what kind of riding do you do on the mega?
End of this season was a bit of everything(not powder), next season im retireing it to rails and jumps. It worked very well on groomed runs/blasting down blacks/double blacks, but to me it shines doing jumps and rails. Its a wee bit stiff for me to do any butters on(perhaps thats mostly becuase of my scrawny built body?) but i can get it to press out on boxes and rails alrite.

·
Registered
75 Posts
To the OP, I had a PLY for a year until the tail snapped. DC warrantied it and sent me a MEGA this year so i'll give you a lowdown of what I think.

The PLY is more forgiving than the MEGA, less stiff, but still not as playful as a rocker board. Was stable at high speeds, really good to ollie with, and was very easy to jump/land with. The only negative I noticed was the edges had alot of little fractures from hitting rails, I don't remember my other boards fracturing as much.

The MEGA feels a lot more stiff than the PLY, the first day I rode it I wanted to return it because I thought I would never get used to the stiffness. Now I'm totally comfortable on it and actually prefer it over the PLY. It feels identical to the PLY honestly except that it is stiffer so my ollies might be a little bigger. Really good for jumping, and haven't noticed my edges cracking at all.

Both are great park boards, and I think the MEGA is a great all mountain board too. And for what its worth I do about 50/50 park and trail riding.

Chad

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've got the 2013 Ply. I really like it. I've gone through 3 - but only because I got them replaced for free, not because there was anything wrong with them. The pop is great, and the camber profile works well (for rails) as long as you look after your edges.

My only gripe is how easily the base gets damaged and on one I kicked the sidewall in quite easy bonking the corner of a wooden box.

It broke in quite fast, which is nice if you're looking for a playful board, but if you want stiffer the mega is the go for sure.

I've used my Ply for everything - I teach with it. I mainly ride Park,but also powder when it's there and I also like off trail, dropping cliffs etc. Apart from having a 150.5 making it a tad harder to stay up in deeper pow and less stable on off trail landings, it handles really well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hey guys thanks for all the input. I really appreciate it! I had another question. I have only ridden rocker and my brothers zero camber board. How different is a positive camber board for doing boardslides? I understand positive camber is the best shape for kickers, but what is the ideal camber profile for park rails and boxes?

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's preference. I like camber because it locks into the feature better and I don't slip off as much, but the edges definitely catch a lot more than when I'm riding a rockered board. A lot of people use flat and rocker for rails, and either don't care enough about the kickers or just sacrifice the performance in that area for easier rails.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts