Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this is my first post on this forum! I started snowboarding 2 years ago and have been buying crappy boards off of Craigslist... This spring I decided its time to get myself a new board! I am 5'10" 160 pounds but I want a wide, reverse camber, soft board and I don't want to spend any more than $300.... Hahaha

Right now I am trying to decide between:
Rome garage rocker- Rome Garage Rocker Snowboard - Wide from Dogfunk.com
Nitro cinema- Nitro Cinema Snowboard - Wide from Dogfunk.com
Capita stair master- Capita Stairmaster Snowboard - Wide from Dogfunk.com

I originally wanted the burton blunt, but then I realized everybody has it and I hate when people have the same gear as me haha

If you know anything good or bad about any of these boards let me know! Or just pick one out for me and give me one good reason! Thanks!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well the Capita is traditional camber, the Nitro is hybrid camber, and the Rome is flat/rocker so none of those options are full reverse camber. The Rome will be the closest though. Any of those boards will be solid for a first or second board. You could also check out Rome Artifact Rocker and K2 WWW. Both of those are full rocker and VERY soft, if that's what you want. Also from nitro, there's the Haze, Rook, and T1 that are soft too but won't be full reverse camber.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Just stop buyin' shitty boards off craigslist.:thumbsdown:

Only buy good ones, that's the trick:eusa_clap:

Do you guys need a tutorial or what?

TT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'm probably going to get the Rome garage rocker now! :eusa_clap: I was also considering the artifact rocker but 3 of my friends have it... Haha

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Good thing you didn't go for the Blunt, it's a shit board. ˆˆ

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks! I'm probably going to get the Rome garage rocker now! :eusa_clap: I was also considering the artifact rocker but 3 of my friends have it... Haha
thread is a couple weeks old but not a dino....lol

How is the flex of the garage compared to the artifact?
Looking for somthing with more flex than my k2 raygun and my buddies park pickle,both feel about the same,just a little to stiff for my park liking.
been interested in these boards for a little while.

·
Registered
25 Posts
take any board you can think of. the artifact is as soft or softer. it's a noodle.
Haha okay cool,would it kill me if I tried it outside the park?
What about the garage rocker? I have ridden my friends park pickle and that was still to stiff ... And slow,not sure why,just felt.....blah

·
Registered
585 Posts
The only reason I would take it outside the park is if I was going to be buttering on shallow hills. If you aren't buttering or are using steeper hills I definitely wouldn't recommend it outside of park. It'll be a whole lot softer than the pickle. I don't have experience we the garage rocker but I'm pretty sure it's noticeably softer than the park pickle as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The only reason I would take it outside the park is if I was going to be buttering on shallow hills. If you aren't buttering or are using steeper hills I definitely wouldn't recommend it outside of park. It'll be a whole lot softer than the pickle. I don't have experience we the garage rocker but I'm pretty sure it's noticeably softer than the park pickle as well.
Okay yeah,I am definitely not getting the artifact Lol now I am between the garage rocker and k2 park star.....
Thanks for all the info!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Okay yeah,I am definitely not getting the artifact Lol now I am between the garage rocker and k2 park star.....
Thanks for all the info!
The Parkstar is the better board between those. It has more tech (better base, better fiberglass layout, etc). I am somewhat biased since I own 2 of them though. The garage rocker is a good choice too because it has a similar profile, quite a bit cheaper, 2 year warranty (vs K2's 1 year), and I would guess Rome has the better customer service. Judging solely by the board though I would take the Parkstar every time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Parkstar is the better board between those. It has more tech (better base, better fiberglass layout, etc). I am somewhat biased since I own 2 of them though. The garage rocker is a good choice too because it has a similar profile, quite a bit cheaper, 2 year warranty (vs K2's 1 year), and I would guess Rome has the better customer service. Judging solely by the board though I would take the Parkstar every time.
Sweet,I currently have a k2 raygun,and it dose handles everything pretty good,just want something a little softer/more park oriented.
I am assumeing it is a little softer than my raygun....I hope...lol
either way I am loving k2 so i couldnt go wrong

·
Registered
585 Posts
Sweet,I currently have a k2 raygun,and it dose handles everything pretty good,just want something a little softer/more park oriented.
I am assumeing it is a little softer than my raygun....I hope...lol
either way I am loving k2 so i couldnt go wrong
I haven't used the Raygun so I can't comment on how its flex compares to the Parkstar. In my experience though, my parkstar was pretty soft right when I get it and after I used it 5-10 times and broke it in, it got even softer. Not noodly soft, but real easy to press and butter without much effort. The parkstar definitely has better tech in it than the Raygun as well. I also find it to be very fast for a park board, probably due to the sintered base.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts