Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Does anyone know if NS is up for floating some product to us this year? Outside of all those who are butthurt, I think a lot of people like getting the inside scoop on next years boards.
I was just wondering and thinking this same thing. If the whole forum debacle ruined it, then so be it I suppose. It was fun stoking others out on next year's gear throughout the season though. Especially out here in the PNW where there are not as many NS boards on the hill as there may be in say... CO.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Maybe for those who haven't posted a review you can slide in some thoughts you jave about the deck. It allows you to do a review without doing a full blown review. A paragraph or two.
I think that is a great idea. I hesitated for a long time before posting my review, but made sure to confirm with Vince before I did. So far my review thread has stayed on track so that's a good sign.

Whether you echo my sentiments or have a differing opinion on anything I mentioned, don't hesitate to share. Feel free to post in my review thread here: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/neversummer/94745-review-2014-never-summer-protohd-2013-a.html

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The douchebaggery on the review seems to be limited to HK. I haven't checked it this morning but he seems to have backed off after the hint. Fwiw, that is the first review I've seen that bs pop up in. Maybe I missed one.

DP, did Vince send you a Prospector? Japan seems like a pretty ideal place for it. Maybe he needs me to hand deliver one to you this season...
I also had some BS from HK when I posted up, he strongly insinuated that I was lying about liking the board (proto) to sell it in the review. It wasn't a big deal, but he is definitely looking for an excuse to start an argument.

Fact is I like it a lot, it will be my everyday ride this year and I have plenty of other options.

I hope the team continues too, but we haven't heard anything from NS in a long while.

I agree that most people on the forum enjoy the reviews and like the NS boards too. Its just a few people starting trouble.

I would love to try the prospector (hand delivered of course), interestingly because of the smaller mountains and short steep heavily forested climbs most people here go with snow shoes over splits. There are a number of areas that favor splits, but the region I mostly ride is all snow shoes.

I am also interested to see if NS made any of my proposed changes to the tip profile because I honestly think the float on the Summit and Cobra could be much improved, its good, but not outstanding.

The Japanese powder is light but it seems clear to me that its stickier or harder to get the float than Colorado and Utah:dunno:. Don't quite understand what the difference is, but I want more than the 161 Summit gives me for my ideal pow deck.

·
Veteran Member
11,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
The camber on the nose is more elongated with a longer rise in the nose overall. It should plane up on top of deep snow easier. I've actually never had any real problems with my Sl split in deep snow. Except for gwtting her going I'm deep stuff. I've put done very deep days on it in both Colorado and Washington. I get the complaint though. The Prospector's nose should improve that. I got my hands on the 161X late last season. There were no more powder days to be had. It was all big lines and spring corn. We are getting decent shots of snow about once a week right now. If it continues I might break the 167 out be December and have some fun with it in powder.

·
Veteran Member
11,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
NWboarder I apologize for your thread getting cunted up like that. Fucking HK can't let shit go. He is not going to be around the forum for all that much longer.

Scott really did not help. He obviously thinks I am working overtime against him. The vitriol he slings my way is unbelievable. I've left him out of the forum at his request.

Damned if I do damned if I don't once again.

You put out a solid review. I might go through and remove the offending posts and re open it. HK may find him self in the position that all his posts have to be moderated before they show up.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Hey does anybody on the DT have the Proto HD in a 157 and interested in selling it? After demoing mine for a few days, my buddy wants one badly to replace his worn down Machete. Shoot me a PM!!

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Sadly, I think the design team has been disbanded with the whole fiasco and Scott resigning? I actually just bought a Ripsaw with a deal I found from an online retailer. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet with the temp inversion we've got going on right now. I would absolutely love to try out next year's Chairman though...

·
Veteran Member
11,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
I have no idea what the status is. I plan on dropping in at the factory maybe next week. If I can I'll ask Vince about it. I know he wants to show off the Chairman. It looks to be a great board for sure.

Overall, it does feel dead. Scott handled this not very well unfortunately and somehow it was my fault. He doesn't talk to me anymore.

We will just have to see how Vince feels about it. I can probably hold some sway, but originally this was Scott's deal. The last thing I need is for him to feel I am trying to muscle in on his territory.

I will try to feel it out. I think we had a good thing going here and we were this close to having other companies do the same thing. Then it blew up and they lost interest. Such a bummer. We can build it back though with some luck.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

181 - 190 of 190 Posts