Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
257 Posts
i have a devun 12/13 in the 162. my advice and review:

- its incredibly lightweight
- it is on the softer side of an agressive board.
- it does not float very well
- structurn doesnt work

in the end, the board excels on groomers and hardpack. it does ok in the pow, but not like it is supposed to. sort of a dissapointment considering how expensive it is etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, DC. How much do you weigh?

How deep are you riding it in? I have a more pow dedicated board for anything over 1 1/2 - 2 feet, as long as its happy for less than that, plus can bomb hardpack I'm happy.
Considering this to replace my mountain twin, which I had to send to the graveyard. It was a very versatile deck, and worked great in the conditions I described.

·
Banned
257 Posts
right i weigh 140 with gear. it is absolutely fantastic on jumps and crusty stuff. it plows right through it, has just the right stiffness for it. if you have a dedicated pow stick then by all means this board is a fantastic all mountain aggressive twin.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Please review DC Snow's posting history prior to taking his "advice" on purchasing a board based on said advice. I'd also look into reviews on DC snowboard quality and defects, they haven't had the best track record and may not be making boards much longer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Interesting.. Ive been limiting my searches to the devun pro, which doesn't have a TON of reviews. (some)
But havent' heard anything negative about their durability yet. Thanks for the tip.

-- Seems I've stumbled into a little internets dramas. Any other reports, or even comments on durability? I'm not seeing much either way on that score.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts