Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I waxed a board for the first time ever..

I turned the iron on and let it heat up to the correct temp.

I dripped the wax over the board. I think I used too much but oh well (Almost half a block of that burton stuff so about 35 grams)

I then proceeded to iron it out. I did not let the iron sit in one place. I kept it moving and ironed out the wax. I did this for about 8 minutes. The topsheet of my board got warm but not hot. The wax never smoked. However is it ok that the iron touched the base a few times when I was spreading the wax? (meaning when the wax drops need to be spread out is it ok the iron touched some of the unwaxed surface of the base?) Again the iron never stayed in one place.

Did I wax right?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Of course you did. People overthink waxing. Its almost impossible to screw it up. Your board will be slick as snot. Ride it and stop overthinking.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
You did really good on the first half. But the scrape and brush part awaits you. I think you got this. Google it if your not sure.

·
Banned
257 Posts
^yes. arguably the most important part is not the application of the wax, but the scientific process you employ to remove the wax from the base of your board.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Anytime the temps are high or the snow is not fresh, I'll just use the first couple runs to scrape.

Even scraping is overthought.

You can get some bennies from proper fancy scraping and corking when it is really light and fresh out there. (still, waxing 20x a season or whatever, usually slap the shit on and go, can't be bothered with fancy anything)

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
^yes. arguably the most important part is not the application of the wax, but the scientific process you employ to remove the wax from the base of your board.
Yup. When you engage in the scientific process of scraping wax, don't think too much into it. :icon_scratch:

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
6,680 Posts
What brand of beer did you use? And did you use the chug technique or did you sip? Also it's important to pace yourself so that you finish a beer and the waxing at the same time.

Also despite what some people say, it doesn't matter a damn whether you listen to tunes through speakers or ear-buds.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok good. Yeah I scraped the crap out the board with my scraper then vigorously brushed it with a brush till no more wax was coming off. However My board seems to have more friction to it when I strap into it on the carpet...is this normal?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Ok good. Yeah I scraped the crap out the board with my scraper then vigorously brushed it with a brush till no more wax was coming off. However My board seems to have more friction to it when I strap into it on the carpet...is this normal?
Yes, a well waxed and scraped and brushed board will feel even a little 'sticky' to your hand (and probsbly carpet) but on snow it will slide really well.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
That is the whole idea of waxing...

·
Banned
257 Posts
Yup. When you engage in the scientific process of scraping wax, don't think too much into it. :icon_scratch:
snowboarding quantum physics?

·
Banned
257 Posts
i dont remember but in this one video a really hot chick waxes a snowboard. i think its called waxing with laquisha. wait she wasnt black.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts