Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Asking this here because I wasn’t able to really find much elsewhere.

Searching for a new board, and with that, comes massive indecisiveness. Regardless, the two boards don’t seem too different, only thing that sticks out to me is that the Ultracraft will undoubtedly be better in powder, along with being a bit wider.

Anything else I’m missing?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I think the difference in width is not insignificant. As far as the shaping is concerned the Flagship is a regular width/length traditional freeride board while the Crafts are volume-shifted short(er)/wide(r) boards. Not sure your sizes but for me (5-9, 155lbs, US 8) on snow this is definitely noticeable. Another significant factor is the sidecut radius. The Crafts have pretty large turning radii and can feel a little sluggish to turn in tight situations. The Flagship is quicker edge to edge. Another difference - torsional flex. Good luck trying to torsionally flex the Ultracraft. You can on the Flagship.

All in all, I think the Flagship is the better rounded board. Ultracraft is an excellent quiver board for riding big, open powder bowls or digging long, drawn out trenches nipple carving on groomers but as a daily driver, I dunno. And assuming you meant Ultracraft and not Hovercraft, there is probably a significant price difference between the two. To me the choice would be a no brainer - Flagship.

EDIT: I currently own a Carbon Flagship (158) and have owned a Hovercraft (152)in the past. A friend owns an Ultracraft 156 so I swap boards with him now and then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own both the regular Flagship and an Ultracraft and both are great boards. If there is a hint of new snow, I bring out the Ultracraft and the snow is old, I stay with the Flagship. Both boards charge hard. As the other response noted, the Ultracraft take more work going edge to edge but to me is more fun with there is fresh snow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts