Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was just wondering what the main differences were between the NS Proto Type 2 and the NS Proto Synthesis. I'm an intermediate-advanced rider, and I've ridden the Proto type 2 before and loved it. Now that the Proto Synthesis has arrived, I've been thinking about purchasing it, but wanted to know what the differences between the two boards were.
Thanks!

·
585 Posts
Hey, I was just wondering what the main differences were between the NS Proto Type 2 and the NS Proto Synthesis. I'm an intermediate-advanced rider, and I've ridden the Proto type 2 before and loved it. Now that the Proto Synthesis has arrived, I've been thinking about purchasing it, but wanted to know what the differences between the two boards were.
Thanks!
Don't quote me, but I thought it was a tiny bit stiffer and they slightly raised the rocker contact point under foot

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Looks like they shortened the rocker in the middle and added some carbon, no asym sidecut. Can't imagine it will ride worse, but never tried those boards. Think it looks closer to what Mervin/Burton/Nitro offers now.

·
-Weekend Warrior-
3,524 Posts
The Proto Synthesis is a bit stiffer and more energetic than the Proto Type Two, there’s more camber and carbon on the new model.

On the men’s side the pop is definitely improved on the synthesis, but I’m not sure if pop was an issue on the women’s Proto Type Two.

It handles more aggressively and precisely now, so it’s more of a performance board than the old Type Two; I’d recommend it for intermediate to advanced riders. I found it to be a big improvement over the old model.

Here’s a review that compares and contrasts a bit:
2021 Never Summer Proto Synthesis Review

1 - 4 of 4 Posts