Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some suggestions for bindings. I have par of 2010 Union force binding from my last board and I think I need stiffer and more lock in feel bindings for this Kessler Ride 176. Do you think its a enough difference between force to a stiffer binding to buy a new one? If yes what do you recommend!

I ride fast,
weight 240 lbs/110kg
Salomon malemute bots 13

I have going throw TheGoodride reviews and they suggested:
Flux DMCC
Flux DM
Ride EL helfe
Nitro Machine
Salomon Caliber
Union Charger
Union MC Metafuse
Rome Targa

Any favorites?

Regards from Sweden

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
I ride an (arguably) similar board to the Kessler, and I love the feeling of Burton Diodes on it. Make sure to get the re:flex versions if you go Burton.

The diodes are stiff, light, and have super comfy straps compared to other stiff bindings I've used.

That said, if you haven't tried the Unions on the Ride, why not try them out before buying more? Can't hurt!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Don't take any advice, or direction from the good ride. I have a KTR in 163 and use Targas and Machines on it.

From you list:
Flux DMCC- too soft, more of a park binding
Flux DM- workable, the SF is probably a better match
Ride EL helfe- nice and stiff, metal baseplate
Nitro Machine- I really like these and super comfy, wonky forward lean on mine I believe it had been redisigned for this year
Salomon Caliber- nice and stiff
Union Charger- probably union's stiffest binding, there have been issues with brittle highbacks last season
Union MC Metafuse- too soft, park binding
Rome Targa- good binding heavier due to metal baseplate cage, comfy, fits well, canting, softer than the machine/el hefe, most similar to the flux sf.

Other than the park bindings, it comes down to personal preference. If you want more of a race feel and response go stiffer with the binding and softer for more laidback all mt. I personally wouldn't go any softer then the Targa.

·
Rides Caturdayz
538 Posts
I have diodes on mine. No complaints.

^Are you thinking of DMCC light? DMCC is a stiff binding...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input. so wat i understand is that my force bindings aren't stiff enough.
I have found a good deal on salomon caliber 2013 fore 170US And i have salomon bots so it most likely will fit well. So that could be a good bang for the buck..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what sould i buy

I dident get the samlomon caliber. But now i got tow deals both of 200 USD
1, Flux DMCC Dark purple 2012/2013
2, rome targa 2013/2014

What is the best buy??

·
Rides Caturdayz
538 Posts
Dmcc. :p might be biased though

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That canting feature is there a big difference? is it so good that it's worth going down in stiffness? I remember in the beginning of 90s you could buy canted plates that you mounted under the rear binding but I diden't tried it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the reason why I ask this about this is you can't find this bindings in stores in Sweden so I cant look at them.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I was saying the 12/13 Targas because if you can find them they would be the cheapest option. In reality either of the bindings you picked will be great, so decide on what you like you won't be giving up anything in the way of performance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok thanks. but if don't think about the money wish one would you chose?

Targa 2014
Flux dmcc 2013 not the light
Ride capo 2013
Nidecker ACT carbon 2013

·
Rides Caturdayz
538 Posts
Can you tell me why? it makes easier for me to decide.

I got another offer at ride capo 2013 is that realy stiff enough?
Just very comfortable and light . I also prefer burton/flux style of buckles. Capo is probably fine? Rode them once on friend's endeavor, seems pretty stiff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts