Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new board with factory wax. I've used it twice since buying it. My boyfriend keeps telling me that I don't need to get it waxed yet but the edges are white and I always thought that when the edges are white it's time to wax. He said that its because the was is white.

We're leaving on Saturday for a 6 days to visit friends in Denver and plan to board at least 3 of those days maybe 4 depending on how we feel and weather.

So should I get a wax?

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I have a new board with factory wax. I've used it twice since buying it. My boyfriend keeps telling me that I don't need to get it waxed yet but the edges are white and I always thought that when the edges are white it's time to wax. He said that its because the was is white.

We're leaving on Saturday for a 6 days to visit friends in Denver and plan to board at least 3 of those days maybe 4 depending on how we feel and weather.

So should I get a wax?
if when you run your hand down the base and it feels dry, or sort of a grainy feel, you could use a wax. otherwise, keep shreddin! i like waxing my board a lot, just because (at least with a sintered base) the more you wax, the faster your board gets.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
He's just being lazy. Dump him and get your board waxed.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I'd get it waxed. If nothing else, it'll let you know your board is as ready as can be for your upcoming trip to CO.

·
Registered
41 Posts
OMG... tried waxing my board on my own for the first time tonight. Either I'm doing something wrong... or it was way too fing easy to bother ever paying someone for.

Awesome guy at Skis & Bikes store here by my house took me into the back service shop and gave me a demo. Loving that store. So friendly and helpful, but I digress.

Did it myself at home tonight. Ok, yeah there's a mess of scraped wax to clean up off the floor cause I used way too much my first time at it... but wow. Easy. I'll be having a nice fresh wax every time I head out.

I'm new to this so my opinion isn't worth a whole hell of a lot, but I'd say before any multi-day trip... get it done for sure. Regardless of how long ago your last one was.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i did the same thing, bought a new board and they said it had factory wax on it, but threw some rub on just to be safe. rode it once and it was getting white edges. so i went and bought a dakine tuning kit, thing is awesome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts