Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone bring a pistol along with them when they are in the back country? In summer months I carry an old Ruger Security 6 when I backpack since I enjoy solo hiking. However animals of the four and two legged variety are much more active in the spring/summer/fall.

So do you pack heat like an oven door when you shred??

(Not mine but you get the idea). :cheeky4:

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
The old joke goes...

The best handgun to carry for bears is one with a filed down front sight. That way it hurts a lot less when he takes it from you and shoves it up your ass!

Haha! Nah, a 44 mag is about as good as you're going to get for bear defense in a handgun without going to one of the exotic calibers that cost you $3+ every time you squeeze the trigger (if you can even find the ammo - not to mention the ass raping you took on the gun to begin with). Nothing but black bears here in CO. When I carry in the backcountry, I'm packing 230gr. flat nosed FMJs loaded to +P. That's the best bear medicine you're gonna find for a .45 auto. Not ideal, but it beats a sharp stick and I don't want to carry anything any heavier to tote around.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That is some absolutely beautiful scenery Snowolf.
Can't wait to be done with school as I definitely plan on looking into heading out west.
Love the outdoors and seems like there is a whole new element to it out there.

sorry to derail the thread a bit :laugh:

·
Registered
729 Posts
O_O remind me to never run into you in the backcountry.. I don't a permit to carry but I figure once I actually settle down in a state with good mountains I'll probably get one... I want to see someone ripping with an ak-47 strapped to their back.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the thing. The balance, weight and reliability are just right and the thing fits my hand perfect. Can`t really beat a Sig in my opinion...:thumbsup:
Im thinking about getting a Glock 32 (.357sig), any of you guys have any experience with that round? Is it viable in the BC?

·
Registered
729 Posts
So ... don't buy a bearsuit.. and board around snowolf.. or you might get headshot.. that would be funny though... going to go search for a realistic bear suit :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts