Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this would be an interesting topic. I know that most of the members on this forum have been boarding for ages and might not remember their first successful run but for people who are newer to the sport like myself, the memory is still fresh in our minds. I am someone who progresses quite slowly, so my first successful run came on my 7th or 8th time snowboarding. It happened on a blue run in Falls Creek, Victoria, Australia. It did come at the expense of accidentally causing a friend to fall because we got too close to each other but I'm still counting it! :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
6,198 Posts
I guess the only problem with this question would be what you consider "successful". Do you mean without falling? I had that my first day on the bunny slope, but that's nothing to brag about. On our bunny slope, water has trouble deciding which way to flow. :laugh:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess the only problem with this question would be what you consider "successful". Do you mean without falling? I had that my first day on the bunny slope, but that's nothing to brag about. On our bunny slope, water has trouble deciding which way to flow. :laugh:
sorry for not clarifying, mah bad. I mean like one run without falling down and not falling leaf all the way. bunny slopes don't count!:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
it was my third run on the first time i ever went snowboarding.
I hit a ride on rail on the run too.
It was a good day.
Hahaha same story here. 3rd run on the first time I went but instead of hitting a rail I rode up a small wall and popped an ollie off of it.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I'm sorry, but 1997 is kind of blur for me. I'm sure there's some awesome story about how great my first successful run was, but fuck if I remember it. I sure remember the slams it took to get there though. Lol!

·
Registered
122 Posts
It was my third time out on a snowboard; first two times out were lesson days. Sierra-at-Tahoe, I think. Cambered Burton Lux 150. What made the difference was that I finally figured out the unweighting thing, and yelling "COMMIT!" to myself before going into my toe-side turn. Had a great run down, near the bottom, got too full of myself and caught and edge :laugh: But I would still call it a successful run.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,380 Posts
Don't remember the first successful run on slope... but I remember the first successful (= no fall, not getting stuck in flat being too slow, dig out yourself and fight through high snow to get back to the track. Boy... the guys had many good loughs at me) pow run :laugh: it was heaven. Then I knew, I got infected :D

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Sort of. I had been three times and was making it down with out falling but my technique was horrible and I was constantly on the edge of catching an edge. Over the summer I found the videos of Snowolf and Snowprofessor. That the next winter my first time was at a better resort with good snow. That first run everything clicked and for the first time snowboarding felt right instead of sketchy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts