Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was my first (and probably only) day I got to do 2-3 laps in my local park. It was a pretty busy day in the park, lot of kids trying rails. So I get there, wait 5-10 minutes for my turn to drop. I noticed a bunch of little kids in the woods before but thought nothing of it, just kept an eye on them. About 50 feet from the lip, these kids come out of the woods and actually push (skiers) over to the jump. They went over it extremely slow, causing my run to be 100% fucked up. I figured I could still make the 30 footer because they wouldn't do that stupid go slow, then land on the other side of the lip. Well, these kids did. Every single jump (10 foot step down, 20 foot, 30 foot, and then a 30-40 foot one) they pushed themselves up the lip.

A lot of other people were doing this but waiting their turns. Now, I don't mind that when it is not a busy day, people can start small. But it was busy as hell and half of the people tore up the lip/landings with their heel side edge. Out of 3 laps I wasted about 45 minutes, and got in 3 jumps total.

Does nobody understand how to act in the park? Kids like that piss me off. If you can't hit it, DON'T, especially if it's busy.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I hear you, maybe go talk to them and tell them whats up. Maybe no one has ever told them the rules. Now don't go yelling at tehm and cussing and acting like a douche bag. Be nice and curtious. It also helps if you explain that what they are doing can endanger themselves as well as others. A little scare of what could happen might be enough to wake them up.

·
Registered
500 Posts
admittedly , I don't really understand park rules. I get it not to fuck with somebody's run and cut them off or get in the way and to stay far away from landing areas and blind spots. but I seriously can't fuckin understand people waiting ten mins at the top of the park for their run. I always just cruise right in and fucking go. It bugs me how people just stand around staring at a feature for ten mins contemplating what they're gonna do. I just roll right in and hit shit.

I'm not much of a park rider so I don't really know if I'm bein an asshole or not. or if its them that are the assholes.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
admittedly , I don't really understand park rules. I get it not to fuck with somebody's run and cut them off or get in the way and to stay far away from landing areas and blind spots. but I seriously can't fuckin understand people waiting ten mins at the top of the park for their run. I always just cruise right in and fucking go. It bugs me how people just stand around staring at a feature for ten mins contemplating what they're gonna do. I just roll right in and hit shit.

I'm not much of a park rider so I don't really know if I'm bein an asshole or not. or if its them that are the assholes.
If nobody's dropping you're good to go. Just don't snake someone's line :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
if i come up to a group of people infront of a jump or rail ill stop for a second, and if nobody goes ill just go for it, but id never just roll up and fly by them, because ive had people do it to me just as i turn to drop in and its annoying as hell when someone snakes you like that.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If little kids are doing stupid shit I yell at them. Kids don't get yelled at any more so when you do it and emphasize the safety aspects of what they are doing they tend to listen.

That's going to fuck you one day when that guy waiting at the top is waiting for the coast to be clear after someone else bailed in a spot that is blind from the drop in. Plus it is kind of being a douche if you happen to go by right when the guy waiting is about to go. Be sure to call your drop as soon as you can. Don't just sneak up on people.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Around here the only time there is a wait is if there's an injured rider down on the landing somewhere. Otherwise its just people taking turns, making sure the last person is clear of the landing before dropping.

Call your drop, don't snake.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I was practicing some jumps today. Went so/so.
There are lots of people just sitting around on our hill too.

I did see people calling their drop today though, that's not usually the case here. That was very nice to see, and I asked if I wasn't sure who was waiting or not, I called my drop and in I went.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The only way the kids are going to learn is if they get yelled at over and over again, or they have some close calls and realize WHY they need to clear out when in the park.
I snake bitches!

Jk

The only time I dont slow down is on huge booters.. I hate people who get into your line..

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
Fucking sack up and learn how to hold speed and bomb past these fucks. They get in the way fucking scream at them till they cry. The park is kill or be killed land. Thunderdome laws are in full effect 2 man enter 1 man leave!

That is some funny shit..... lol love it.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
I yell at people all day long and almost always they leave and don't come back...

If someones in front of a feature going too slow or standing in the way I spray the shit out of them at full speed screaming at them to get out of the way like I'm going to hit them. Scares the shit out of them and they think they almost got wrecked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts