Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I will be getting a board shipped in next week, just wondering if it comes preloaded or if i need to wax it.
It's a K2 Raygun

·
Registered
331 Posts
They do come with wax, but it's usually a pretty shit coat that wears off quick. It'll last a day or so but then its time to put a proper wax on. I usually wax every board I get.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Factory wax protects the base for the sales floor so it doesn't look dry and ashy. It doesn't hold up well on the hill. You may get a day or two riding out of the wax. Personally I always wax my own boards every 3-4 days riding and brand new boards get waxed it before going out the first day.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Factory wax protects the base for the sales floor so it doesn't look dry and ashy. It doesn't hold up well on the hill. You may get a day or two riding out of the wax. Personally I always wax my own boards every 3-4 days riding and brand new boards get waxed it before going out the first day.
That's what I was told, so I've always had my new boards waxed.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You can ride it a day or two on factory wax. But putting on a new layer of proper wax always produces a better result.

I myself rode on factory wax just fine. I would have waxed it though if I knew it'd be better.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts