Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I bought the K2 Subculture 158, but after doing some research on board sizing I doubt if I shouldn't have bought the 156. I'm 180 cm (5'10") long, and my weight is about 73 kg (160 lbs). I'm an intermediate all-mountain - freestyle rider. I have US size 10 boots, and on the 158 I already have overhang on both sides of about an inch (see photo). The 158 has a waist width of 25,2 cm, the 156 has 15,0 so do you guys think this would result in too much overhang? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Nothing wrong with the board you got for your weight for all-mountain.

If it were me, I would be concerned about the overhang on a narrower board. The photo has your boot pretty much perpendicular to the board and I'd bet you don't ride like that, but that to me looks like the maximum amount of overhang *I'd* be comfortable with, if not more. Depends on how hard you're turning though and if conditions by you are icy or soft. In soft conditions booting out won't be a disaster like it is on ice.

I wear a size 10 boot and look very carefully at boards with anything less than 25.5cm waist width because booting out on ice and breaking your tailbone sucks. But also, I ride aggressively in all conditions because I'm stupid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your opinion! Yes I set my boots perpendicular to the board for the photo, normally I ride 15/-15 so that already makes the overhang less on both sides, but probably an even thinner waist would cause problems than

·
Premium Member
5,549 Posts
Thanks for your opinion! Yes I set my boots perpendicular to the board for the photo, normally I ride 15/-15 so that already makes the overhang less on both sides, but probably an even thinner waist would cause problems than
Hi,

The best spot to start is with a barefoot measurement. It is a good idea not to use boot size for determining board size.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).

STOKED!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts