Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to get more confident landing the jumps at the Stash Park at Killington but the Dream maker jumps seem freakishly big. I'm at killington every other week and I guess I'm tempted to begin trying out larger (higher) jumps than the ones in the stash but maybe not as massive as the ones on Dream maker. Does anyone have experience with those jumps on the Dream maker trail? Should I be trying out something smaller scaled since this is the first year that I started getting air off anything?

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Treat it as a progression. You don't have to fly off the handle first run...go slower but plan to exit off the side. Gapers will laugh, but you'll laugh harder when they bail. As you start landing lower on the side verts, you'll have a sense of speed for the gap so you don't knuckle the landing.

·
Registered
386 Posts
+1 the side landing. Or maybe side take off, land on the normal landing spot or the other side. Get weird, most of all keep it bEastly at the beast. I get enjoyment from the dumb looks I get when I land on the take off from coming off the side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know of two simple ways to get over jumps that seem too big.

One, wait for someone who really knows the jump and can definitely clear the gap, and ask to follow them in. Stop at the lip if you think it's too fast, but stleast you'll know the speed you need to clear it.

Two, just roll the lip. RIP down to the lip like you're going to hit and and just stop at the lip. That way you can get a feel for the type of speed you want going in. If it seems to fast or sketchy just use that speed to send the knuckle. Then you'll get s feel for the type of balance you'll need when you jump at that speed.

Good luck and just send it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
if that's a person standing on the deck of that jump, that is one lovely, lovely jump - and finally, a table top [not a step down - even the 10ft kickers here in aus seem to be shaped into step downs, even when the lip shape is shitty, shitty shitty].

speaking to part of your question - congrats on getting air for the first time this year. i would encourage not getting too caught in conquering that kicker this season, if it seems like it's going to be a "do or die" kind of scenario. [i've known lots of people who get tunnel vision on one jump in particular, at the sacrifice of overall air awareness / style / solidifying what they've already got]

rather, continue working on the kickers you've already got under your belt, and nailing them with finesse and with mid-air stability [so, no flappy arms winding down the windows - it's nice to see a rider hit a kicker with true mid-air stability and style, rather than look like he's trying to jack a whole bunch of mid-air dicks all around him].

work on the kickers you've got down, getting stronger at them, side hits and general strong ridership, before taking that on, would be my suggestion

good luck!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts