Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up my intermountain peeps. Just landed in Denver, headed to Dillon for a few days before heading down to Silverton. Resort riding Sun/Mon, touring Bert Tues, then heading to Silverton. Any tips on best pow near Summit right now? If you're around and want to rip some lines with us, let me know!

·
Veteran Member
11,576 Posts
Loveland has been . I think they have gotten somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-30" over the past three days. I'd go there. Bert was firing yesterday evidently. I had to skip out on this weekend so we are definitely going to get after it Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hit Vail today, spent the day out in Blue Sky Basin, lapping Champagne Glade and some sidecountry out past the glade. Really good snow. Breck tomorrow, should be awesome.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Breck was great today. Reported 9", definitely close to 16"+ up top. Getting back to Dillon was interesting. Took about two hours having to backtrack after finding 70 closed. Terrible driving conditions. Berthoud tomorrow.

·
Veteran Member
11,576 Posts
Bert is going to be firing tomorrow. I am actually hoping the snow report out of Winterpark is only around 6-8" Either way, we will be hitting some serious goods. Might just be a roadside lap type of day, which is just fine. Wear you skittle colored outerwear, I'm bringing my DSLR. You need to be in you photo slutting best.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mind = blown.....along with my lungs and ass bone. Berthoud was incredible. Gary, you successfully destroyed us. Thanks so much for showing us around your beautiful playground. We're definitely gonna need our day off tomorrow.

Regroup & recover.......Silverton Thursday and Friday.

·
Veteran Member
11,576 Posts
I had a blast yesterday. It was a great time. I'll try to get some pics up tonight. Definitely feeling hammered this morning. Probably the best day I've had on Bert all season. You guys got a good one in.

·
Veteran Member
11,576 Posts
Here is a happy DrnknZag right here.

I've got a ton of great photos. Too bad I got over 1k frames to go through...

You guys are going to be doing some serious Billy goating at Silverton the next couple of days. Enjoy the rest.

I should get to edit photos tonight.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome! That must have been right before I tagged my ass on that rock. Can't wait to see the rest of the set.

Made it to Silverton. Talk about a gnarly pass coming in. Unfortunately we might have to reevaluate Friday and Saturday with the weather coming in. Don't want to get stuck in Silverton when we're supposed to fly out Sunday.

·
Veteran Member
11,576 Posts
It was probably about two frames before you tagged that rock! Yeah that bit sucked.

Do your thing Friday. If it looks like the pass may close on Saturday, you could get out of town and head to South Fork and ride Wolf Creek. Or just bail back to Summit of course. Even Red Mountain pass is rarely closed for more than eight hours.

I got through a few photos this evening. I've got over 1k frames to go through. Probably have around 40-50 good shots in there. I hope to get them done tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Silverton was pretty cool. The terrain is amazing. Snow was subpar, they had pretty high temps the few days before our day there. Still got some good lines though. Had to rappel down a gnarly chute to get to the road in one section. My main complaint is the "powder farming." The guide basically tells you to ride within 3 feet of his track, straight fall line. I understand why they do that, but it really kills any creativity with your line.

Overall the trip was amazing. Awesome snow for the most part. I'll put up a good trip report as soon as I have time to edit photos.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts