Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I searched but couldn't find a thread for this. What's the best way to dry your boots? I have Fusion series Salomon's so the liners are sewn into the boot and aren't removeable. What do you guys to help dry boots?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey, I searched but couldn't find a thread for this. What's the best way to dry your boots? I have Fusion series Salomon's so the liners are sewn into the boot and aren't removeable. What do you guys to help dry boots?
you can get electric dryers that u can plug into your car lighter or you can use in your home.

something like this. there's different brands, google is your friend

http://www.buckmans.com/store/view-item-detail.aspx?ItemID=9515

·
Veteran Member
11,536 Posts
Boot dryers are nice and the best way to get the moisture out. My friend just made a boot dryer using a hair dryer and PVC pipe. He used pipe that the dryer nozzle fit into snugly. Then a T junction with pipes coming off of it to two more t junctions at either end. He then capped them and drilled a bunch of small holes in the caps (not sure if you need this step or not) on either end. That way you can dry boots and gloves at the same time. Just remember to set the hair dryer to cool (no heat) so you don't burn your place down. Seemed pretty effective. The only reason he did this is that he's gone through 2 commercially bought dryers a season and was sick of the returns.

Tognar has some decent to great dryers on their site. I don't think my friend tried any of these. The floor model looks like a great one if you don't need portability.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the responses guys! i've tried using the hairdryer on my old boots, but i felt like the just steamed the boots on the inside and couldn't get the moisture out of the boot. I'm going on a trip soon and will be riding a couple days straight, so i will probably try putting a fan on it over night like snowolf said, as he's been a big help to me before.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
My feet sweat so to help with these issues, I spray Right Guard antiperspirant on my feet in the morning. It drastically reduces the moisture in the boot. My feet stay dry and warmer and there is no stinky feet problem.
So glad I found this thread. I was just wondering about drying out my new boots and how to avoid them stinking the best. I think you gave me the perfect answer right here. Preventative measures. :D I will be buying some Antiperspirant spray before my next trip.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've been using a serius boot dryer, but it just broke the other day. Think I could fix it if I could manage to open it.

It worked okay, but the quality was very poor so I'm a bit hestitant to get another dryer regardless of the brand.

A dryer is nice to have, but you only really need it if you go on consecutive days.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just dry them in the motel heater, or the floor vents of the car. I feel sorry for whoever has to share the motel room or the car, since my old pair of boots are decidedly aromatic, to put it nicely. Then there are the days when I hop on a train after riding, and my stuff just stays wet for the better part of 7-8 hours.

I've also tried the newspaper trick, but my boots are usually pretty wet after riding, and drying them over heat seems to work better.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
I use these things that came with my Salomon F22's I bought a few years back. You just slip one into each boot. They're basically nylon bags filled with what feels like silica balls, like you find in those little white packets in some new clothes. They seem to work well, and you can "recharge" them by just popping them in the microwave for a few minutes.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I use these things that came with my Salomon F22's I bought a few years back. You just slip one into each boot. They're basically nylon bags filled with what feels like silica balls, like you find in those little white packets in some new clothes. They seem to work well, and you can "recharge" them by just popping them in the microwave for a few minutes.

im definitely going to check these out. I always just pull out my liners and insole and place them about a foot away from the radiant heat system found in the cheap ass rooms that we stay in, it Works "OK". one thing I can say is never put the liners to close to the heat, I actually melted the whole toe section of my liner a few years back.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i actually ordered them right after i saw your post triple8! haha they will not be here by this weekend though so i won't be able to use them at mount snow... oh well

·
Registered
423 Posts
yea i actually ordered them right after i saw your post triple8! haha they will not be here by this weekend though so i won't be able to use them at mount snow... oh well
where did you order them from and how much, Seen them on ebay for $20, maybe you got a better deal.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Sweet, glad I could help! Honestly if they weren't included for free with Salomon F-boots that particular season, I would've never known about them, nor have ever bought them haha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts