1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
I just got an email from Dupraz with some discount codes. Grab your D1 now!

ROYLIFE gets you 30% off what I think are last years boards - http://www.dupraz-snow.com/d1promo_en.html

HAPPYD gets you free shipping - at least on the anniversary boards (but I think with a little creativity you can get both codes to work) - http://www.dupraz-snow.com/snowboards_en.html#anchor-LTD
oh what a shitty time to be broke.
I'm gonna see if I can swing something?
Time to sell some gear lol

TT

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Thanks! I wasn’t supposed to get a new board this season but couldn’t resist. Ordered a 6+. Never ridden a dupraz before so this should be interesting...
So......
How you liking the big D?
Bit intimidating, until you got used to the size? Bwa ha ha ha

TT

·
Registered
15 Posts
So......
How you liking the big D?
Bit intimidating, until you got used to the size? Bwa ha ha ha

TT
It’s a shower not a grower. Looks bigger than it rides.

Carves nicely, fast and stable. A bit heavy perhaps. Got a lot of positive comments from other riders for the looks. Dupraz is very rare in Sweden.

I have only tested it for a couple of hours on piste because a severe lack of winter where I live though. In two weeks time I will bring it to the French alps for a proper sesh. I see huge potential in the board.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
It’s a shower not a grower. Looks bigger than it rides.

Carves nicely, fast and stable. A bit heavy perhaps. Got a lot of positive comments from other riders for the looks. Dupraz is very rare in Sweden.

I have only tested it for a couple of hours on piste because a severe lack of winter where I live though. In two weeks time I will bring it to the French alps for a proper sesh. I see huge potential in the board.
How much do you weigh? 200+lbs?
I'm only a buck 60 & I don't think I weigh enough for my D+
The standard is just perfect for me.

If I didn't have the Never Summer Swift, not sure if I'd ride many other decks?
It just does everything so well.
It rides backwards better than almost every twin deck I've ever ridden.
You would never think that by looking at it.

Are you taking it to the banked slalom that Dupraz puts on?
I think it's in France?
Man I'd love to be in that.

TT

IMG_20200110_002652.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
How much do you weigh? 200+lbs?
I'm only a buck 60 & I don't think I weigh enough for my D+
The standard is just perfect for me.

If I didn't have the Never Summer Swift, not sure if I'd ride many other decks?
It just does everything so well.
It rides backwards better than almost every twin deck I've ever ridden.
You would never think that by looking at it.

Are you taking it to the banked slalom that Dupraz puts on?
I think it's in France?
Man I'd love to be in that.

TT

View attachment 152319
I am about 78kgs (175lbs?) and the D+ felt just right. The standard was never an option since I wanted the man sized 6 footer to match my length of 190cm. My other two boards are pretty stiff, rossignol xv and yes optimistic. The plan is to retire the xv if I like the dupraz since the xv is pretty beaten up. Great board though.

No banked slalom competitions for me. Too old. Just gonna cruise the backcountry of Val d isere for a week.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
I am about 78kgs (175lbs?) and the D+ felt just right. The standard was never an option since I wanted the man sized 6 footer to match my length of 190cm. My other two boards are pretty stiff, rossignol xv and yes optimistic. The plan is to retire the xv if I like the dupraz since the xv is pretty beaten up. Great board though.

No banked slalom competitions for me. Too old. Just gonna cruise the backcountry of Val d isere for a week.
Too old?
You better be fuckin' ancient haha.
I'm pushin' (had to delete it)
And if I can get in em I'm all game.

Banked slalom are designed for old guys to.
There's nothing even remotely dangerous in a banked slalom course.
They don't even put jumps in em, for the most part.

I think you need to rethink that one, they're a blast.

And you're sayin' that they don't make a standard 6?
That can't be right, can it?

TT

·
Registered
366 Posts
I got the D1 6'+ off this discount code. They stopped making the D1 standard 6' a couple years ago. Only + and ++ now.

Digging the D1+ a lot. Rails turns. Floats super well in low angle stuff but handles well in steep and deep. Feel comfortable putting it up on edge at high speeds where I'd typically be flatbased. It has the effective edge of a ~162, but I feel pretty comfortable sending it faster than on most of my 62s. Feels like the long nose absorbs bumps in the snow... like by the time I get to the bump with my front foot, the board's absorbed the impact. Feels great if you're going fast enough to put some energy in it.

Between the weight and the relatively large sidecut radius (8.7m), it's a load to handle in tight spaces and at slow speeds. A couple times in trees or tight chute entries I was trying to set up heelside to drop... then got caught on two trees or rocks or bumps less than 178cm apart. One point at Snowbird, I was suspended mid-air over a narrow entry into a little mini-couloir zone under Mineral Basin chair... both nose and tail were caught on the terrain. That was interesting.

In narrow chutes and tight trees, definitely not the board I'd want to be on. A buddy in Utah took me into some really tight Aspen zones at Snowbasin and lent me his Korua Tranny Finder 157, just because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to navigate those zones on the 6'+.

Also a pain in the ass on a fully loaded lift. Heavy and cumbersome.

On the whole, I really like it, super unique ride and I get a lot of comments on it from lifties and random folks. Just know it has some limitations.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So...I sold the dupraz. I may regret it later though. I had a couple of great days on it. It is an impressive board and it really shines in some areas. It is super fast and stable and it is great when trying to keep up with fast skiers. And it really floats! However, I have more fun on my other boards, and isn’t that what it’s all about? I like riding back-foot heavy in the pow, and I like playing on little side hits where ever I go. Riding the dupraz sometimes feels like riding an oil tanker when it comes to maneuverability. Unless you are going fast+.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Thats why the 5'5 is a sweet little pocket rocket :)

Agreed.
I don't find mine cumbersome at all.
My D+ feels that way compared to my standard.
But it does feel that way when I compare it to other boards that size.
Cause it kinda isn't their size, looks like the same size & might say that on paper
But they're not the same size

My standard is super nimble.
I can bend it between trees with my mindo_O its got such a nice soft flex.

I think that's a bit fucked up that they don't make a standard over 5'5
Especially now that Hot is back.
I'm gonna have to have a little talk with Serge, see if we can't fix that.

TT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts