Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I brought brand new 1 layer Gore-tex jacket and pants from Volcom. At First I was very impressed because it is very water proof. Now as the season comes to an end as I look closely at the jacket it has Pilling where the sleeves and jacket touch. It also has small rips on the but of the pant and pilling. Rips are most likely from the certain time I fell on rocks. I very much liked the look of the outerwear but next time I would like something much more durable, Considering now the butt of the pant will absorb all the water it touches.

What outerwear have you guys had most success with?

·
Registered
47 Posts
This year I brought brand new 1 layer Gore-tex jacket and pants from Volcom. At First I was very impressed because it is very water proof. Now as the season comes to an end as I look closely at the jacket it has Pilling where the sleeves and jacket touch. It also has small rips on the but of the pant and pilling. Rips are most likely from the certain time I fell on rocks. I very much liked the look of the outerwear but next time I would like something much more durable, Considering now the butt of the pant will absorb all the water it touches.

What outerwear have you guys had most success with?
My Patagonia pants wasn't durable enough to survive two trips sliding 20+ feet down an icy double black run at Kirkwood when I fell so there is some visible wear on the butt area for mine.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I crawled on my knees over rocks on the traverse over to the chutes at Castle Mountain 1st day of the year, and my 3L Goretex held up nicely. As the pants were more expensive than the board, I should have just let the brand new board take the damage.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,447 Posts
My Spyder pants lasted 10 seasons. Very durable brand.

More troubles with mittens... hind one rips open at the thumb

·
Registered
28 Posts
My Spyder pants lasted 10 seasons. Very durable brand.

More troubles with mittens... hind one rips open at the thumb
Heard great things about spyder myself, pricey but durable. Brands that make durable stuff tend to back their stuff up with lifetime warranty. For lower priced alternative to spyder, check out Trew gear as well. They are a pretty small company that makes some great shells. Recently I picked up a set of upper shell and pants off the clymb for a good sale price and so far they seem better made than the sessions stuff i had prior. I've heard they have great customer support too but I haven't had to deal with it yet since it's my first season with their stuff so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts