Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new board for the east coast all mountain leaning more on the stiffer side for hard charging must have good edge hold on ice. prefer camber or rcr not a fan of crc. size 9.5 boot 135LBS open to suggestion!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I’m definitely going full camber anyone have any experience with the slash atv or nitro superteam? I was eyeing up the Bryan iguchi just concerned about the lifted contacts at the tip and tail

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I think I’m definitely going full camber anyone have any experience with the slash atv or nitro superteam? I was eyeing up the Bryan iguchi just concerned about the lifted contacts at the tip and tail
Concerned about what? I live in NJ (FML) and ride everywhere from Jay Peak, VT to Blue Mountain, PA. Poconos are boilerplate most of the time. The mix of having lifted contact points with the edge tech is a great combo. It makes the board slightly relaxed if you're flat basing or goofing off, but when you get on the gas, it rolls edge to edge a bit. It's very mild so you really don't notice it much.

I'm a huge fan.

I have a 156cm and I ride it a fair amount. I keep wondering if I should sell it but have nothing else in the quiver that would do if I could only take one board somewhere. It's a very solid all mountain/big mountain board. If you like the iguchi but want something even more aggressive, then look at the Annex.

It might not be super optimal, but I think you'd also get a lot out of something like the niche ember/pyre if you want to go wider. The edge tech gives that board good hold on harder conditions (rode it at cannon on a firm day). I think it'd make a good one board quiver, but I feel like the iguchi is just better suited for the worse conditions while being okay in deeper snow.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Yeah, CRC is a love it or hate it situation. I'm in the latter group. To be fair, I don't like full rocker much either. Stoked to see NS making camber again. Come on Mervin.
I actually like the most aggressive mervin CRC ala spam. The rocker section is basically 'hidden' in the camber so you get a little bit of a hinge/flex point without having that topsy turvy feeling.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I actually like the most aggressive mervin CRC ala spam. The rocker section is basically 'hidden' in the camber so you get a little bit of a hinge/flex point without having that topsy turvy feeling.
That's cool. I haven't tried all the variations. I could see a hidden micro rocker section helping in the trees for sure.

That topsy turvy feeling is what I object to. It works for some people though.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
My feeling is that C3 is more akin to camber 2.0 than an actual CRC profile. In my experience the “rocker” is more of a flex point than anything. Rides like camber and on the table it just looks like camber to me. Also talking about the Super Progressive Best Name of All Time Machine. I often forget what it’s really called and it makes me laugh every time I think about it.

OP, you’re on the right track with traditional camber IMO - but if you’re going to hit glades on this board I’d probably avoid the Supra Team.

I have a Nitro Team which is related but maybe indirectly like a little cousin. Its greatbut not what I’d ride on a day where glades are on the table.

However that board grips hard snow like nothing else and the side cut is dialed. Its a true throwback camber twin.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I rock an A Frame from arbor that has edge tech and lifted fenders. I dig it, heavy camber without the catchiness as well as strong edge hold.

In regards to your deck ask I’d throw some of the nidecker family free ride decks on your list. I’ve ridden a PYL on the ice coast for years and love the minimal edge tech and camber profile for the scenarios you mentioned. I’ve gotten into split boarding lately and ride the solution from jones, based on your write up I’d take a hard look at the flagship which is the solutions solid counterpart. The 3d nose into camber with edge tech is a ripper for all conditions and makes rolling edge to edge amazing while not sacrificing stiffness

1 - 20 of 33 Posts