Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a sense of what you guys riding on? since we certain conditions up here, icy etc. ...

so I ride on a NS Cobra X 163 w/Flow Trilogy X (i know i know this is a POW board not much for the east coast but hey will do a trip to CO this Christmas :) also considering getting a second one (stg shorter)

·
Registered
762 Posts
My go to board when it is icy or crusty is a Smokin' Mail Order Bride 159 with Now IPOs. It's a stiffer flat camber true twin with mange-traction. My screw around when the snow is decent board is a 158 Salomon Villain with now IPOs and my deeper snow/beater board is a Status Uno 161 with K2 Uprises.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I use a burton custom x for the icy days(stiff and cambered). Edge sharpness is a big factor no matter what u have.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Have a few boards:

NS Proto HD, LibTech TRS, Burton Easy Livin, Rome Graft

Mainly use the Proto or the TRS and my go to binding is the Burton Genesis. For boots i'm on a pair of Burton Ambush's which are great.

My season starts next weekend!:yahoo:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Lib Hot Knife (156) for east coast.

I have a Slash Straight (161) I plan on taking to Jackson Hole in March. I may drag it out on the east if we get a dump.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Rome Mod Rocker 156 w/ 390 Boss for most days.

Rome Agent 158 w/ Burton Missions for days where I'm not in the park as much and it's particularly icy.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
NS SL 161 with Targas is my go to board. When I'm with less experienced riders or still practicing my butters and switch I have a capita horroscope and 390s.

I also have a Charlie Slasher for Pow days out west. It was fun in Heavenly last March. I caught an awesome pow week where it snowed all week.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Lib T. Rice Pro 157 for east coast resort. Want to get a Slash Straight, Yes. PYL, or Jones Flagship for the rare powder day and heading out west.

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
I had no idea anyone actually bought let alone used these things :bowdown: I have to ask though, wouldn't it have been more comfortable to just go with plates at that point?
I'd love a hard boot setup, but I ride a lot in the trees so I wouldn't want to be quite that stiff for my main rig. The best thing about the FR2s IMO are the infinite cant settings.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This was good so I have like a rough idea on what to get for the second board, but any suggestions, I m 6'1 190.

It's funny that everybody seem to have a short board. you seem to have a stick < 157. That's be prolly so short for me, considering my weight and height looking in the range of 158-159 but not 160 and above this time. My cobra wasn't so very friendly in the park, looking for stg %50 park %50 cruising/carving. Can you like say go get this you won't be disappointed?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I'm a stocky 5'8 and about 235-240lbs. My board is a 161 and a 156 board for fun and butters. My horrorscope hasn't broke yet...lol It's not so great for carving but fun for playing around the mountain for sure.

Honestly I don't think it makes that much a difference. Over 10 years ago I was around 190 and riding a 156 Ride Timeless and a 158 Burton Custom. It would depend more on how soft or stiff the board is.

Find a demo day or borrow some boards from friends and see what works for ya.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I still ride my 164 Timeless on occasion, but my go-to board is a 161 NS SL. I'm 6'2", 190lb, but I don't do much park

·
Registered
205 Posts
Capita BSOD 162 for most days, especially those cold wind-blown ribbons of death.

NS CTX 155 for all around sexy fun in softer conditions. I hiked up Jay with this one today. Performed alright, considering preseason conditions there.

Love em both! :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts