Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I've started up a clothing company, dedicated to supporting athletes, and specifically skiers and snowboarders. We're just starting out, but I hope that the snowboard community will embrace us and we can become a player in the industry. I'm 17 years old, a snowboarder, and a videographer, so is my business partner. We're just like you, and we want to give you the products you want, style you want, and support you along your way to fulfilling your goals within the sport.

Our products are currently primarily Shirts, and Hoodies, but we've recently expanded into Goggles. We'd love for you guys to check us out and give us some feedback. We truly do care about what you guys think, because thats what this is all about.

If you have the time and are interested, check out Ebon Supply Company | Extreme Sports Apparel and let us know what you think.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Yay, a 17 year year old with ambition! Good for you.

Boo, yet another clueless 17 year old who thinks that the action sports apparel market is a flourishing industry and that by calling themselves a lifestyle brand they are different and unique! There's 80 billion other people out there who discovered they could screen print t-shirts as well... Oh and your goggles? Are you shitting me?

Go to college, trust me you're gonna need the degree. Well unless you're a trust fund kid which wouldn't be surprising.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
EBON+YOLO=DOUCHEBAGSKIERS.

Posting skier shit in here is asking for a serious flogging.

I just had a flash back of fucking moguls and ruined powder, thanks alot!

:skibanana: :WTF:

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
We're just like you, and we want to give you the products you want, style you want, and support you along your way to fulfilling your goals within the sport.

Thanks!
I'll take all the product you want to give me. I wear XXL tall sweatshirts. Send a couple. I'll pm you with my address.

·
Registered
12,531 Posts
Hey guys,

I've started up a clothing company, dedicated to supporting athletes, and specifically skiers. We're just starting out, but I hope that the snowboard community will embrace us and we can become a player in the industry. I'm 17 years old, a snowboarder, and a videographer, so is my business partner. We're just like you, and we want to give you the products you want, style you want, and support you along your way to fulfilling your goals within the sport.

Our products are currently primarily Shirts, and Hoodies, but we've recently expanded into Goggles. We'd love for you guys to check us out and give us some feedback. We truly do care about what you guys think, because thats what this is all about.

If you have the time and are interested, check out Ebon Supply Company | Extreme Sports Apparel and let us know what you think.

Thanks!
Are you confused? You're a snowboarder. Your partner is a snowboarder. Yet you want to promote to skiers? But for some reason you're on a snowboarding website?

Also goggles? Jesus fucking Christ in the high heavens there are too many new upstart goggle companies and they're all getting theirs from the exact same factory. You know how I know this? The venting on yours is the exact same as every knock off EG2 Goggle I've seen.

Also what the hell is this all about "Perfect for all lighting conditions, these mirrored lenses will reflect away the sun on bright days, but still let lots of light in on those darker days." That is so contradictory.

Also your "team" page is hilarious one of your riders is wearing a set of Oakley Crowbars. Probably not the image you want to send when you're doing goggles.

Why are your tees so expensive?

Your name/logo/branding doesn't match. The name is a rip off of all the hipster clothing brands, the logo is generic as fuck, and your marketing well clearly you're killing it by being on here.

I'll take all the product you want to give me. I wear XXL tall sweatshirts. Send a couple. I'll pm you with my address.
^ You should send him everything.

My advice, either bring something to the table or fuck off.

·
Banned
178 Posts
Hey don't listen to these guys they are all bots haha!!!!!12111!!!11!1!

Go to freevisas1234;;1.china.gov for free visas and passports, absolutely no questions asked!!!121,,! limited time offer!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yay, a 17 year year old with ambition! Good for you.

Boo, yet another clueless 17 year old who thinks that the action sports apparel market is a flourishing industry and that by calling themselves a lifestyle brand they are different and unique! There's 80 billion other people out there who discovered they could screen print t-shirts as well... Oh and your goggles? Are you shitting me?

Go to college, trust me you're gonna need the degree. Well unless you're a trust fund kid which wouldn't be surprising.
The fact you would say that makes me laugh so much. Don't you think we've considered that there are tons of other people doing the same thing? But consider this, how many of them are seeing success.. LOTS! So why couldn't that be us.

I'm curious what your problems are with the goggles? They're great quality, I use them all the time and I've put them up to the test. And we also actually don't make our shirts with screen printing.

Oh, and one more thing. I'm not a trust fund kid. I'm broke. Trying to pursue my dream while I can before I go off to college next year to get a "real job".

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Im a supporter of doing something for yourself to try to make a living. Hope you do find success which in turn is fulfilling the dream. I am sure people like Wiredsport started small too and he has a huge place now. Why not try to do something innovative though? something a little different......

I have been contemplating opening up a shop or a restaurant/bar somewhere. I mean fuckit, why not try.... you may end up being they guy that actually finds success......

·
Registered
9,253 Posts
What is your brand doing that every other for snowboarders by snowboarders brand isn't?

And for shits, compare what your doing to Gnarly and Dang. If you're doing something they aren't, then you might be on to something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is your brand doing that every other for snowboarders by snowboarders brand isn't?

And for shits, compare what your doing to Gnarly and Dang. If you're doing something they aren't, then you might be on to something.
Our goal is to give back to athletes as much as possible, obviously starting out, it's hard. But what we're doing right now is using sponsoring athletes and interacting with them as our only form of marketing. Which is not only cost effective, but it allows us to use the limited amount of money we have for marketing, to give products to snowboarders and skiers to use. Sure, it's not much right now, but if you get a free hoodie and pair of goggles as a sponsorship, you're saving money. Money you can spend to travel and go in contests etc.

Long term, we want to start up a program where a portion of our profits go directly to getting kids into the sport. Want to snowboard, but cant afford a board, or a pass? We want to have the program in place to help those kids out. Thats the goal. So to answer your question, social responsibility and close interaction with athletes is what makes us different. And yes, I know other companies are doing that, but not all of them, and lots of the ones that are don't do it well, we think we can do better. If we make it.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
The fact you would say that makes me laugh so much. Don't you think we've considered that there are tons of other people doing the same thing? But consider this, how many of them are seeing success.. LOTS! So why couldn't that be us.

I'm curious what your problems are with the goggles? They're great quality, I use them all the time and I've put them up to the test. And we also actually don't make our shirts with screen printing.

Oh, and one more thing. I'm not a trust fund kid. I'm broke as sh*t. Trying to pursue my dream while I can before I go off to college next year to get a "real job". Just because you hate what you're doing with your life, doesn't mean you need to dump on people with a dream.

I realize saying this won't come across as the best marketing, but we're not a big corporation, we're real, we're just like you guys, trying to make something happen. And if you don't want to support that, that's totally fine, but I guess part of me believed some of you might.
Bahahahaha this just proves my point! The bold is 100% wrong, more like 500% wrong actually. Most are losing money! Even Burton just had to try and rebrand their entire line of clothing to start making up money. You obviously know nothing about the market there sunny boy. At 17 you got a lot to learn. Why on earth do you think these brands make money? You are aware these companies and shops that sell this stuff from HUGE brands are struggling and going under right? Obviously not...

My problem with the goggles? Well lets just say I know who you're getting them from. Therefor I know you didn't actually do any reasearch and development as you picked them off a line, which is all fine and well, but then you ask $150 for them??? Not sure what quantity you ordered them in, I'd assume you didn't have the money to order a ton but at most you put $30 in to them (if you paid more than that you must have bought VERY few and are REALLY bad at negotiating) and I can buy that exact goggle from the manufacturer you are using on eBay for $30... Whoops (I can provide a link if you need, but I don't feel the need to bring you down publicly any more)

Good for you for not being a trust fund kid blowing mom and dads money, losing your own money is the best way to learn. Next time research your market some before you go in to it and don't try to blow your product up in a forum of wolves who all know and work in the industry. Which brings me to your point of hating my job. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job. I started working in the snowboard industry my freshman year of college when I was teaching at a resort. I still work in the industry only at a much higher level and have never had to spend one day of my life working in a cubicle. I did go to school, and I do use my degree. Hopefully you go on to have as much luck as I found and I do mean that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bahahahaha this just proves my point! The bold is 100% wrong, more like 500% wrong actually. Most are losing money! Even Burton just had to try and rebrand their entire line of clothing to start making up money. You obviously know nothing about the market there sunny boy. At 17 you got a lot to learn. Why on earth do you think these brands make money? You are aware these companies and shops that sell this stuff from HUGE brands are struggling and going under right? Obviously not...

My problem with the goggles? Well lets just say I know who you're getting them from. Therefor I know you didn't actually do any reasearch and development as you picked them off a line, which is all fine and well, but then you ask $150 for them??? Not sure what quantity you ordered them in, I'd assume you didn't have the money to order a ton but at most you put $30 in to them (if you paid more than that you must have bought VERY few and are REALLY bad at negotiating) and I can buy that exact goggle from the manufacturer you are using on eBay for $30... Whoops (I can provide a link if you need, but I don't feel the need to bring you down publicly any more)

Good for you for not being a trust fund kid blowing mom and dads money, losing your own money is the best way to learn. Next time research your market some before you go in to it and don't try to blow your product up in a forum of wolves who all know and work in the industry.
Never said I didn't have a lot to learn. It's a start, but theres still no reason it couldn't work.

Also, the goggles were not $30. They were certainly more then that. And we did quite a bit of research to find out if the company we found could provide the quality of product we wanted, it very well could be the one you're thinking of or similar, but the point is we didn't just go for the first one we found like you're implying. We looked into it.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Never said I didn't have a lot to learn. It's a start, but theres still no reason it couldn't work.

Also, the goggles were not $30. They were certainly more then that. And we did quite a bit of research to find out if the company we found could provide the quality of product we wanted, it very well could be the one you're thinking of or similar, but the point is we didn't just go for the first one we found like you're implying. We looked into it.
So you couldn't afford to buy many and are terrible at negotiating... That sucks because at your pricing you are competing with companies who do R&D and produce stuff with million dollar marketing campaigns and extra tech. If you want to do OEM price is key. And that's why it won't work. You have no product someone cant make better than you for a fraction of the price. You tried to go in to two of the most competitive and over saturated markets in the world, you have no knowledge of either industry, nothing new to offer, and no money to buy yourself a segment of it. If you do go to college start by taking about 8 million business classes so you can at least learn the most basic concepts or get a throwaway degree like a bachelors in art so you can keep pissing money away. Sorry to be so blunt but it's the best way for you to learn and you came in to here in what was borderline insulting to those of us who know and work in the industry.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So you couldn't afford to buy many and are terrible at negotiating... That sucks because at your pricing you are competing with companies who do R&D and produce stuff with million dollar marketing campaigns and extra tech. If you want to do OEM price is key. And that's why it won't work. You have no product someone cant make better than you for a fraction of the price. You tried to go in to two of the most competitive and over saturated markets in the world, you have no knowledge of either industry, nothing new to offer, and no money to buy yourself a segment of it. If you do go to college start by taking about 8 million business classes so you can at least learn the most basic concepts or get a throwaway degree like a bachelors in art so you can keep pissing money away. Sorry to be so blunt but it's the best way for you to learn and you came in to here in what was borderline insulting to those of us who know and work in the industry.
Harsh as it may sound, that is solid advice.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.