Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just heard from our Rome connection that they had anticipated this and moved their molds to GST a few months ago.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I guess it's just better to build them yourselves??? (Mervin, NS, Smokin, Prior...) you get the idea...

danm

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I thought Capita, Jones, Rome, and Bataleon/Lobster were already GST manufactured boards? We're GST and Elan both doing molds for the same companies?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Didnt know they still made boards, then again I run into boards at shops that I thought were out of business years ago, such as Morrow, Kemper, Elan etc, not sure if they're new or just 10-15 year old boards being sold at sports stores ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I thought Capita, Jones, Rome, and Bataleon/Lobster were already GST manufactured boards? We're GST and Elan both doing molds for the same companies?
Bataleon moved from GST to Elan. I think the 2012 boards were the first year of production by Elan, hence the blunted tips and more visible TBT.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Sorry to hear this. They've been churning out some quality boards for a long time. I'm guessing GST is ready and eager to gobble up the business.

·
Registered
12,606 Posts
Sorry to hear this. They've been churning out some quality boards for a long time. I'm guessing GST is ready and eager to gobble up the business.
Not even close. GST is overwhelmed and production times have now gone up 10 weeks. They also don't have the production facility Elan had. Right now it's a mad scramble to find factories.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Not even close. GST is overwhelmed and production times have now gone up 10 weeks. They also don't have the production facility Elan had. Right now it's a mad scramble to find factories.
It's incredible how this industry hangs by a thread for so many "established" brands. Survival for some reliant on the ability of a small supplier to rapidly expand overnight.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts