Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Whachu get?
The fathom?
Maelstrom 163. Sold my Doughboy Shredder - didn't use it this season at all.

I'm thinking the Maelstrom will solve a problem for me. In wet early spring conditions my full camber Mod is slow enough where I'm struggling to get enough speed to clear some of the larger jumps in the park. The Blur solves that problem but is getting pretty beat up and is just a lot of board otherwise - I'm hoping the Maelstrom sits in between and is more nimble through trees since it's got taper and is more setback.

Mod - Maelstrom - Stalefish seems like a decent three board quiver for the riding I've been doing and the local conditions here.

Lol great, maybe you will keep earning money by doing this and eventually get something you really need :) I almost shared the ridiculous 40% off discount on Endeavor's website when the Archetype is literally available for all sizes. I also almost buy it even though I don't need it. I am glad my size was gone very soon so I don't need to think about it anymore. I just got a Niche Wraith 155 for park progressing and I think I do need it :D
The Wraith is a board everyone should own. So much fun.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Maelstrom looks like a serious stick. Rode with someone in Utah that had one and loves it. Looking forward to seeing what you have to say about it.

I have a wraith now too but mine is a weird sample and stiffer than the production from what I can tell. I love it! Honestly started riding it almost exclusively even though it's on the much smaller side for me at 152. It's a riot though.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I needed something more freeridish than my Café Racer (like a souly grail), more all-mountain than my Asym (like a brainstorm or assissin). So of course, I bought a Dancehaul! Because logicz. But seriously, was I gonna pass on a 260€ one (well 200€ with a coupon I had that was gonna expire), two years in a row ? I just want to try this board, I don't know why! So next season will be the time 😎

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I needed something more freeridish than my Café Racer (like a souly grail), more all-mountain than my Asym (like a brainstorm or assissin). So of course, I bought a Dancehaul! Because logicz. But seriously, was I gonna pass on a 260€ one (well 200€ with a coupon I had that was gonna expire), two years in a row ? I just want to try this board, I don't know why! So next season will be the time 😎
It's a fun board. You're going to be looking for excuses to get on it.

What size did you go with?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Talk to your local (small) shops!

Have been tempted for a mellow, surfy board to ride w/ my wife, who’s in her 3rd season (20~days, chill learner) And by luck…in the middle of July
Snagged a Mind Expand Twin for $325 and got my wife a Twin Sister for $300!

Was chatting with a surf shop here in SoCal..and they were doing a secret sale. (Clearing their limited inventory)…don’t think I’ve ever seen Jones boards at this much of a discount.
They even had a Stratos for $350… luckily for wallet, it was a bit small, so N+1 was put to a stop.

In a moment of feeling incredibly happy/lucky… was looking at local classifieds…and found someone selling NIB ‘20-21 Katanas for $180. Drove 40 min to pick em up, but totally worth it. Dude brought them last year…and never made it to the mountain…..

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Sleeve Automotive design Tire

So stoked to go ride next season. 5-7 hours drives be damned!

Anyways, do check out and support your local shops!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Talk to your local (small) shops!

Have been tempted for a mellow, surfy board to ride w/ my wife, who’s in her 3rd season (20~days, chill learner) And by luck…in the middle of July
Snagged a Mind Expand Twin for $325 and got my wife a Twin Sister for $300!

Was chatting with a surf shop here in SoCal..and they were doing a secret sale. (Clearing their limited inventory)…don’t think I’ve ever seen Jones boards at this much of a discount.
They even had a Stratos for $350… luckily for wallet, it was a bit small, so N+1 was put to a stop.
Where is this socal shop? Care to name it or should it remain super secret

·
Registered
Yes Typo 159w, Rome black label bindings, thirty-two tm-2 in 11.5 wide w/ intuition power wrap liner
20 Posts
I have been on the look out for discounted gear in the off season especially with Black Friday coming around the corner, but discounted or not the availability of gear in my size seems to be very low. I don’t see how any upcoming Black Friday sales will do me any good if there is nothing left in my size

41 - 57 of 57 Posts