• Loved

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Hated

Votes: 9 37.5%
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
the season isn't quite over for me. I did not get to ride my inbounds powder board at all this season, but this (below) is from this weekend and is pretty good compensation IMO. I got injured Friday (right knee) and probably should not have gone out on Sunday, when this was filmed. Pardon the skier..

I love how he changes his mind on a dime about how to ride (or ski) the slope

·
Registered
61 Posts
I only got three days so far but they’ve all been powder days so I’m grateful. Brighton UT in December and then two at Mammoth this past weekend with 14”. Gonna finish it off at China Peak for number four. Didn’t expect lift ticket prices to jump up like they have. Need to get a pass for next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
Fixed it for you as I'm pretty sure it would have been difficult this year brexit or not with only the Swiss lifts spinning.
Not at all, Bulgaria & Andorra were both running, as were some Italian resorts for a while. It's only our post-Brexit third-country status that prevented us going there.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The worst season is the one where you needed to fly to even get close to a mountain, and there are no social flights out of Australia due to Covid, which basically doesn't exist here anyway. Loved watching Neni's pics and Deagol's line above though. had to live my snowboarding by watching those things. Horrible season is my vote.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I did the move-to-resort town thing for a month and that was a whole new experience, one that I would happily revert to if the stars aligned again. But if I had a choice I would have traveled to Japan but since that didn't happen and they had an epic season, poo for me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The lifts were running only in December here. Since then I've been hiking a park once a week - finally have time to focus on fixing some bad habits and making a bit of progress. So in this respect, it isn't the bad season. I miss the turns, though.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I did the move-to-resort town thing for a month and that was a whole new experience, one that I would happily revert to if the stars aligned again. But if I had a choice I would have traveled to Japan but since that didn't happen and they had an epic season, poo for me.
Talked to someone that did that at Jay Peak. They were doing 15k winter rental for on mountain condos. Sounded pretty friggin reasonable!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
This season sucked but I really miss it guys. I still tried to go a lot and avoid regret. Normally I feel really content this time of year. I'm very grateful I got to go a lot this year, but I just feel empty, like I still want to go. Normally I'm ready to move on.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
This season sucked but I really miss it guys. I still tried to go a lot and avoid regret. Normally I feel really content this time of year. I'm very grateful I got to go a lot this year, but I just feel empty, like I still want to go. Normally I'm ready to move on.
If you usually do pond skims or end of season festivities at resorts that could be why. It's almost like an unfinished chapter of a season. No cathartic goodbye of sorts.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Know the feeling.. it suuuucks.

·
Registered
985 Posts
In general the season is short in my area. I like the seasons but one more month of riding would be greatly appreciated. Southern Hemisphere trip would be cool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My season:
Snow Conditions: (n)
Days: (y)(n)
Camaradrie: (y)

My wife had a season pass for the first time, she made some great progress and is more into (skiing) than ever, we had some friends out and re-introduced one of them to snowboarding (he had previously competed 15+ years ago) - he bought a new board the next week :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
If you usually do pond skims or end of season festivities at resorts that could be why. It's almost like an unfinished chapter of a season. No cathartic goodbye of sorts.
My home hill season end blew. Stayed open a monday in very springlike conditions, shut down that Tuesday after saying they would be open all week, told everyone next weekend. Never happened. I ended up going to several other places that made up for it though and got an extra two weeks in. I think I just feel really foresaken by my home hill.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've been hitting the dryslope once a week which is good to keep the legs awake but not much more. I got three days on snow at my local hill which felt like a huge privilege after such a long wait, those first turns off the first chair were unreal! I had planned to go there for another three days this week but they just decided to close early for the season. It's kind of an unreliable place, that's the third time this winter I've booked a pass online then they've changed the opening times at the last minute. I think they just see how many advance tickets have sold then make a decision whether or not to open. Now with covid meaning online advance ticket sales only, they know exactly how many people will show up.

I'm still thinking to head north in Sweden in April if I can fit it in the calendar. The season WAY up north is in full swing right now but its a long journey. Even though the restrictions are almost non existent in Sweden, it feels a bit off to travel from a major city to a tiny arctic community until everyone is vaccinated.
Otherwise I'm hoping travel will be easier and I can get to a glacier this summer. I spent three weeks in Hintertux last summer and it was amazing to ride so many days in July.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts