Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Loved Or Hated 20-21 Season

• Loved

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Hated

Votes: 9 37.5%
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

Premium Member
With more restrictions back in place here our business traffic has dropped way off. Plus side is I've convinced the owner to reduce shop hours, so now I won't start until 1pm! As long as the mountains stay open I should break 100 days 馃榿 I'll be happy but my bank account won't be...

Registered
I managed 42 days, which is my second-highest ever. I can't decide if the quality was up to previous years or not. On the one hand, I was getting tired really fast. On the other hand, it was mostly because of decreased time spent in the line-up.

I've suggested to the Slopes people that they include a calculation for vertical-feet-per-hour for the day. I think that would go a long way towards an accurate comparison of sessions.
I have been hitting the park a lot at Copper. Some weekends I would be riding the park all day from 9 - 3 both days unless it's a POW day.
We are gonna get some more snow this weekend. I think snowboarding till end of May is possible.

Registered
Didn't make it up Thursday, but I made it to Loveland Saturday. Wasn't as much fun as I wanted because the tunnel from the base to Lift 8 was closed so I didn't get to hit lift 8 because that potentially would involved double blacks to get back to the base and my kiddos aren't up for that yet. Couldn't hit lift 6 because that's a 2 man chair and the kiddos didn't want to ride the chairlift on their own, so I was stuck on Ptarmigan all day. Conditions were decent up top. Top of the mountain was somewhat fresh snow, middle was ice moguls with a decent layer of snow covering them up and then icy as you got to the groomed run at the bottom.

Registered
8 was popping so hard on Friday! Trees off of 6 were good in the morning too. Still, it sounds like you had better conditions than there were early last week. All those freeze and thaw cycles left the top half of the mountain all blue icy.

The last time I took the tunnel this season was pretty sketchy. I abandoned it long before they closed it down. Like most Loveland pow days, I blew out my legs on 8 and had a bit of a grueling time getting back to the lot lol. I've got to actually call it when I say last run!

Registered
8 was popping so hard on Friday! Trees off of 6 were good in the morning too. Still, it sounds like you had better conditions than there were early last week. All those freeze and thaw cycles left the top half of the mountain all blue icy.

The last time I took the tunnel this season was pretty sketchy. I abandoned it long before they closed it down. Like most Loveland pow days, I blew out my legs on 8 and had a bit of a grueling time getting back to the lot lol. I've got to actually call it when I say last run!
Yeah, I miss hitting 8. I planned to hit it but the tunnel was closed. I assume you're familiar with those sketchy double blacks coming back, I couldn't take the kids there. My daughter might be up for it, but my son definitely isn't. I did the cliffs in that section once - we got off 4 and rode down for a "smoke break" in the trees. Then we ride down a little further and there's cliff signs, so it's either hike back up a black or figure out how to ride cliffs - which is jump turn, jump turn, stop, jump turn, stop, jump turn. For some reason my buddy's blamed me, but I blame Loveland for not putting some cliff signs up higher.....

Registered
That terrain off of 4 gets intense! Can't blame you for keeping the kids off of that. It was all ice moguls getting back down Friday. I was lured down early, but I should've kept at the traverse longer cause it was pretty gnarly on my fried legs.

Registered
That terrain off of 4 gets intense! Can't blame you for keeping the kids off of that. It was all ice moguls getting back down Friday. I was lured down early, but I should've kept at the traverse longer cause it was pretty gnarly on my fried legs.
I have a feeling we didn't do that when we rode together lmao.

There was that one 'cliff' I was trying to get air from, but ended up just dropping it a few times because I realized I'd never done anything like that before lmao.

Registered
I have a feeling we didn't do that when we rode together lmao.

There was that one 'cliff' I was trying to get air from, but ended up just dropping it a few times because I realized I'd never done anything like that before lmao.
Yeah no, we didn't go over there at all that day. I might have dragged you there on a pow day though. HItting that drop was a good time!

Registered
I avoid that traverse, I cut thru the field (even if it's roped off) - usually alot of powder to be had. One of the reasons I bought my Backwoods was just to cut thru that field, but you pay the price when you hit East and West Ropes. My approach is to leave 8 knowing you have a run or two left and then hit Ptarmigan and/or 6 for you last runs. However, sometimes it's just too fun on 8 too leave.

Registered
I have a nagging feeling that there won't be any summer snowboarding for me. I wanted to go the last couple of summers but it never happened... this summer it looks even grimmer.
There's always next year...
BUT! They are talking about opening up here again when everyone over 50 is vaccinated and that should happen around june. Folgefonna got lifts spinning until october/november so there are possibilities.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts