Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Loved Or Hated 20-21 Season

• Loved

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Hated

Votes: 9 37.5%
101 - 107 of 107 Posts
Not over here either, this was last sunday.

Was supposed to head up in higher elevation, but it looked windblown and foggy. Pluss my knee isn't fully rehabilitated so I wasn't feeling it. But on the way up we passed this and just couldn't let it go.

Awesome day, spring riding on epic dry powder. Thursday looks promising, -4 c and blue skies so if my knee holds up I'm going out again.

Crap that was windy! Looked like gold further down though.
It was so windy that when I was transitioning and put one of my bindings down on the ground, a gust of wind blew the binding away over the cornice. I had to weight my board down with my heavy pack so it wouldn't blow away and go down the cornice on foot without my float pack to retrieve the binding that had gone maybe 100 yards or so down the chute, then climb back up. I felt super vulnerable and exposed at that point. But, yes, it was quite good once I got below the windy zone.

It was so windy that when I was transitioning and put one of my bindings down on the ground, a gust of wind blew the binding away over the cornice. I had to weight my board down with my heavy pack so it wouldn't blow away and go down the cornice on foot without my float pack to retrieve the binding that had gone maybe 100 yards or so down the chute, then climb back up. I felt super vulnerable and exposed at that point. But, yes, it was quite good once I got below the windy zone.
That is next level windy! Think I would have decided the night before to sleep in rather than go out in that. Dedication plus, or desperation, not sure which :)

101 - 107 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.