Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again

A little while ago I opened a thread here asking for advice for a new intermediate all mountain snowboard.
I've decided to go with the Endeavor BOD (uk.endeavorsnowboards.com/products/1819-bod), it's the first time I'm being a snowboard 'blind' so I'm a bit worried when picking a size.
I have a boot size 11 US - 44.5 EU (Vans Aura boots), I weight 170lb - 77kg and I'm 5ft 9.69 - 1.77m.

I've done some research on this website and other places and for the length I think I should pick a 157, 158 or a 160cm board (correct me if I'm wrong).
But it's the width I'm not sure about, some websites say you only need a wide board if you have a size 12. Others recommend a wide board from size 11, the burton website recommends me a wide board when I enter my data in their board size finder on similar sized boards.

I really don't want to have my toes dragging in the snow, so would anyone be able to advice me on this.

Kind regards
Thomas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you, that's what I thought.
I got really unsure when the people at Endeavor said I would be fine with a normal board.
Does it matter that I ride with a duck stance (+15°, -15°)?

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Thank you, that's what I thought.
I got really unsure when the people at Endeavor said I would be fine with a normal board.
Does it matter that I ride with a duck stance (+15°, -15°)?
My buddy has a BOD and it is relatively narrow.

I am mostly fine on a 159 Live with US10.5 but I use +24 +6, so the rear boot will drag but not the front. At 15/15 both will drag at the same time.

With size 11 you can really go either way. Some boards are fine, others not. And some people will get it to drag, others won't. It all depends how aggressive you get on edge. If you don't mind a little toe drag, then go with regular. But like you said, if you don't want toe drag, go with the wide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts