Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rider: 6'1, ~200lb, Size 10US Ride Insanos. Upper intermediate freeride, low intermediate freestyle. Go fast, carve hard, pop high, get playful on any sidehits I find or just send it.

Endeavor Cobain 159 - EST 2015 Cartels, 23 inch wide 15,-15 and 18, -15.

Days on Board: 25-30 across all conditions.

Flex: Bang on mid flex and super snappy. Camber under the channel and then rocker from the end of the channel to the tips.

Pop/Ollies:This thing boosts better than any board I've ridden. Combined with the hinge tech on the cartels, the return to effort ratio is ridiculous. I've ridden boards with more pop, but none as easily accessible that will still send you into orbit.

Stability: Middle ground, pretty much what you'd expect based on stats. It's more lively than damp, though surprisingly stable on edge thanks to the seamless sidewalls and urethane. It charges fine and I've straight lined plenty on it, but that's just not what it's designed for. It loves to be on edge and rip turns, so lean it over!

Carving/Edgehold/Handling: It handles and carves amazingly, the tight sidecut (7.2 I think?) narrow waist, torsional pliability and rockered tip and tail make it such an agile board. In ideal conditions it's an absolute pleasure to turn, lots of energy edge to edge through carves. It is let down a little by the edgehold, there's nothing wrong with it but nothing that good about it either. It's a standard radial sidecut, with softer rockered tips. If they blunted the tips a bit to give it 2cm more EE, or added some kind of sidecut/grip tech it could be fantastic. That said I rode it in ice and hard conditions plenty without issue, just had to be aware of the grip limitations.

Park/Playfulness: Probably my ideal board for park. Super poppy, very maneuverable, stiff enough for bigger jumps but soft and forgiving enough to muck around on the baby line, and it butters just right. Holds the press easily and plenty of snap back out. This is the board that makes me search out every possible side hit to either get as much air as possible or throw a spin, and it slides very well on boxes or rails. Switch is the same as regular,

Powder: Never got it deep, but in 10-15cm it shone and planed really well, the mellow tip rocker does its job here and provides a good platform to pop off the tail. It's the only board I've spent a decent amount of time riding switch in powder too, progressing pow butters to much amusement...

Overall Impression: For someone riding in good snow conditions most of the time, this really is a fantastic all mountain freestyle board. Super reactive, awesome pop, great fun charging and carving around or getting playful on sidehits and in the park. Probably had the most fun riding this board for the season, and it's durable as hell, very well made.

If this was wider, I could ride it every day and be very happy. Once spring came along I was just getting too much toe and heel drag on hard carves. Wider + more edgehold and I'd have never sought out the Type Two X.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I feel the same about the 2016-17 Live. I'm looking forward to trying out the 2017-18 Live as they switched from Rocker-Camber-Rocker to full traditional camber for their all-terrain series boards. Otherwise, the specs look to be very similar to the current ones.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Damn. Endeavor had a one-off sale of some demo boards for $150. My buddy who has a Live and loves it got a minty fresh demo BOD. This was like 5 blocks from my office but I was all "i dont need moar boardz" and didnt go. Dumb.

I have the Live pre-channel and it rocks; but I really want one with the channel and the new urethane sidewalls, as it's a noticeable improvement.

Lesson learned. There's always room for one more board.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I saw that on their Facebook page, but fortunately for me it was in-store only, and not online. Otherwise, I would likely have bought yet another board... As it stands I can see myself potentially picking up a full camber live next season.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts