Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Has anyone heard anything about the Endeavor Live? I originally wanted the Capita DOA, but it was sold out everywhere I looked online and in store. The worker at my local shop convinced me that the Live was a good substitute, would you agree? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks man, I weigh about 155 Pounds and im 5 foot 6 inches. Does the 151 seem like a good fit?

·
Registered
628 Posts
151 is pretty small, but depends on where/what your riding. If you're still looking for a DOA and think you could rock a 156 I have a 2014 model that's new with stickers I might be willing to sell. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I like the 2014 topsheet better than 2017, except for the 2017 doa 160 that one is sexy.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Cool thanks man, I weigh about 155 Pounds and im 5 foot 6 inches. Does the 151 seem like a good fit?
The tips have a pretty good amount of rocker. For your size, I would go 155 as an all-mountain freestyle board. If you are going to be park focused, 153 might be nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already got the 151 :/
I feel like I'll prolly be between 145-150 when the season starts though. So hopefully it all works out aha

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I already got the 151 :/
I feel like I'll prolly be between 145-150 when the season starts though. So hopefully it all works out aha
So you've got BA saying it's nowhere near as aggressive/responsive (I'm guessing?) as the DOA and Greats et al. And everybody else saying that the 51 is probably too small. Don't let confirmation bias and/or pride stop you from taking it back to the shop.

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
628 Posts
I agree 151 is pretty damn short unless your riding a smaller hill or your more of a jib kid than a mountain rider. I also have no experience with the Live, however I will say BAs review of the 2016 Live was more in line with my experience with the DOA than his actual review of the DOA. It sounds like they changed up the ride quite a bit for 17 though based on his reviews.

For reference I rode the 58 DOA at about 175 lbs last season and while it was quite aggressive out of the wrapper it mellowed out to a nice mid flex all mt freestyle kinda ride after about 10 days. I'm much more into jumps than jibs, but as of right now I'm actually planning on riding the 56 DOA as my primary park board next year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfourtanetly I got it at a warehouse sale, so returning it is not an option. I should have but a little more tought and research into buying it before hand instead of trusting the shop guy. I'll probably ride it for the start of the season and decide what todo from there. I got a good deal on it, I payed under 250$ for it, so the buyers remorse isn't to bad. I'm just hoping I can have a fun season on it. I appreciate the help and knowledge that you've provided me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wasnt able to reply to your PM as I do not have enough posts. I think Im gonna have to pass on it, thanks though.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
151 is a bit short for you. But i guess it depends what board sizes you are used to and where (how big of a mountain) are you going to ride.

The Live is a pretty decent substitute for a DOA. Maybe a bit more All-mountain oriented than the DOA.... but it's not going to be a huge difference. It makes a difference to BurtonAvenger because he..... tries lots of boards for the purpose of checking out the specific differences. But in general...... not world's apart.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I wonder if they changed up the Live this year. My experiences of it don't particularly jive with the Angry review of it or BA's statement that it's no where near the DOA. Also, the new Endeavor page could be interpreted as the Live being more freestyle oriented than the BOD.

Last years model was pretty hard charging all mountain freestyle board.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I wonder if they changed up the Live this year. My experiences of it don't particularly jive with the Angry review of it or BA's statement that it's no where near the DOA. Also, the new Endeavor page could be interpreted as the Live being more freestyle oriented than the BOD.

Last years model was pretty hard charging all mountain freestyle board.
RESURRECTION.... Soooo how did you like the live? :embarrased1:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts