Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to work out something about the epic pass.

If you put down the $50 now for the the next pass, does that let you ride perisher in 2019 or 2020?

It seems like Ikon is 2019 but Epic might be 2020?

Cant really contact them to check from aus.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think both passes are now being sold for the upcoming season. They allow some resorts to be ridden for what's left of this season but from what I've seen the majority are for next season.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Summer access for summer activities is normal for US/north american resorts. Epic covers that the summer before at Vail resorts. Probably the same for ikon. Winter activities are not the same.
Thanks for reply, whats it got to do with summer though?

Are you saying it is for aussie 2020 and not 19?

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
I don’t think people realize you are asking about Southern Hemisphere winter locations.

My understanding for my 18-19 Ikon Pass was that the Southern Hemisphere locations were valid for 2019. I’m willing to bet a decent amount that the new passes being sold now are good for Southern Hemisphere 2020.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you buy it now it will be for this year, as in June this year when Perisher opens and then you can use it it Japan or North America next year.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
If you buy it now it will be for this year, as in June this year when Perisher opens and then you can use it it Japan or North America next year.
Uhhh, not sure if that's true. Passes are mailed out in like November unless southern hemisphere operates on a different cycle than the northern hemisphere. I have seen Ikon give spring access to some mountains if you buy a 2019-2020 pass, but I don't think you get southern hemisphere access until *northern hemisphere summer* 2020.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Uhhh, not sure if that's true. Passes are mailed out in like November unless southern hemisphere operates on a different cycle than the northern hemisphere. I have seen Ikon give spring access to some mountains if you buy a 2019-2020 pass, but I don't think you get southern hemisphere access until *northern hemisphere summer* 2020.
It seems to me like the OP is from Australia so I am just saying how it works down here. I bought the epic pass last year and used it for Perisher last year and then Japan this year. I have also put down the $50 again for the up coming season starting this June.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems to me like the OP is from Australia so I am just saying how it works down here. I bought the epic pass last year and used it for Perisher last year and then Japan this year. I have also put down the $50 again for the up coming season starting this June.
Oh really? Yeah I'm from Aus. Plan is to do Perisher/Canada 19/20.

The site seems to say that pass holders from last year (18/19) can go this upcoming season to Perisher and that buying a pass now gets you 2020 Australian pass.

Pretty confusing and theres like no one to email. I'll try call someone I guess.

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
Shutdown the forum guys. Just call the companies you're interested in for their information.
This question could have been answered with ome 30 second call. Now 2-3 days later you have 5 answers that are probably all wrong.

Forums are for opinion based responses, yours is a hard company based answer. Use your brain... or dont.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shutdown the forum guys. Just call the companies you're interested in for their information.
This question could have been answered with ome 30 second call. Now 2-3 days later you have 5 answers that are probably all wrong.

Forums are for opinion based responses, yours is a hard company based answer. Use your brain... or dont.
Except the Vail international line has been closed for "bad weather" apparently for the last few days and no one is picking up. They have no email contact.

I thought someone might quickly know off hand on here seeing as I'm sure plenty of people buy these passes each year.

Sorry if it upset you. Thanks to those that tried to help out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts