Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn alyeska got bombed last night 40 inches. i wish they could send that stuff south. at least someone is gettin snow

either way im going in february.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Damn alyeska got bombed last night 40 inches. i wish they could send that stuff south. at least someone is gettin snow

either way im going in february.
I wish I could afford to head down there from Fairbanks! Skiland needs another 6 inches to open... everyone else is open but you gotta really want to shred to go.. like I have been! haha!

I would be making a weekend trip if I wasnt having to buy my Feb ticket to Colorado this payday. Anchorage is getting dumped... nobody is getting in or not right now.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I wish I could afford to head down there from Fairbanks! Skiland needs another 6 inches to open... everyone else is open but you gotta really want to shred to go.. like I have been! haha!

I would be making a weekend trip if I wasnt having to buy my Feb ticket to Colorado this payday. Anchorage is getting dumped... nobody is getting in or not right now.
I know february is a long way away, but you don't really want to come south of mt. baker any time soon.

why waste your money on colorado when the rockies are bone dry and alaska is one of the only places in the world getting any snow?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I heard that CO has been having a decent season so far... I'm sure by Feb it'll be good. I am meeting friends there that go every year... ski in/ski out condo... I only have to buy my ticket and lift pass... and they are excited for me to bring some alaskan salmon and moose with me :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah! Keep it coming, I plan on trying to make it up in late Feb this year and along with Alyeska, going to split board at Hatchers again....:thumbsup:
Dang you! I just found out yesterday I am flying to Anchorage for work Feb 1-2 and am going to take that weekend and stay there.

In saying that... if anyone wants to board Alyeska the first weekend in Feb, hit me up!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm going to say this only once. There are too many people from AK on here. I see no pics that YOU have taken so there fore it hasn't happened. Supply the stoke so I can believe you.
I live in the Valley.. I cant help you much there. If you really want pictures of birch hill and moose mtn aka a big joke, i can supply those lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just moved to Anchorage from California to attend, decided to pick up snowboarding with the move. Turned out to be pretty good timing...

Bottom of chair 6

Top of chair 6

more from the top of 6, earlier in the day

and a shot from the drive on the seward highway because **** yeah alaska

And can I just say that, as someone in their first season, Alyeska blues are gnarly :eek:

Oh and these pictures were technically on one of the bad days, with no new snow. Still had a great time, I found some powder stashes off trail in the lower bowl and my more advanced friends tore up huge amounts of untracked pow off Max's traverse (Alyeska's southern peak)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah! Keep it coming, I plan on trying to make it up in late Feb this year and along with Alyeska, going to split board at Hatchers again....:thumbsup:
are you still gonna make ti to Alyeska Snowolf? Ill be there on the 11th and 12th with my brother.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dunno my brother lives there so i stay with him and use my miles to fly. will probably hit arctic valley one day and alyeska the other.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's online 60 bucks cheaper as a student or military. This time of year you'll pay around 100 a night for a hotel room. I have friends here so I always stay with them. The restaurants at the mtn are of course expensive but good. I'm headed there Saturday... I'd go tomorrow if I had a ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts