Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thats why I found myself playing with an idea that goes directly against conventional thinking(being front of sidecut). I tried it and I like it.
I tried some "setfront" on a C2 (Lib) board once, didn't work at all, but depends on boards, have done fakie riding on directional setback cambers, and that works ok. Moss is making the Wingpin with an option like that (maybe a bit exaggerated to simulate longboarding?), don't know if that works the same way.

Have you tried reverse taper as well? I made a board with that a few years ago. Was fine for powder with alot of setback, but I noticed how it affected turns on groomers too when I centered the stance more. Could have some of the effect you are after. Noticed the Elevated Surfcraft brand put some boards with it into production as well, but I haven't found any of those to try out.
I'm just about to get an Elevated Surf Craft reverse taper board after seeing the brand mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

So I've been watching videos of them. Here's one with a bit of carving:

https://youtu.be/QPgiVj6Nb5w

Only one of those has reverse taper though, I believe.

·
Registered
64 Posts
A video showing that move in the wild, i.e. on an actual snowboard, would be great. The skateboard video looks pretty much like standard EC moves as propagated by the Swoard and Pureboarding guys.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
A video showing that move in the wild, i.e. on an actual snowboard, would be great. The skateboard video looks pretty much like standard EC moves as propagated by the Swoard and Pureboarding guys.
Bro, it's september lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Just bought an electric board and i'm hoping to try your exercises Kijima! Your effort to document your exercises and ideas is appreciated!
Thank you Sir ;)
I wore the wheels down to the core this summer, for the last few months I`ve been busy in the workshop building boards. Nagano resorts are nearly open:devilish:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
I have never seen that before but it seems we agree on a lot, I would love to chat with the man.

I would like everyone to know that I dont think I invented anything here, and I have no need for ego stroking. All the information is available to everyone, too much of it in fact.
All I did was sort and refine until I had nothing left but the bare essentials and tried to deliver it in a simple, easy to understand manner. The video was my first edited video ever lol, I will get better and I will update the video this season ON SNOW :D

Thanks to everyone sharing good vibes 🤟

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
I have never seen that before but it seems we agree on a lot, I would love to chat with the man.

I would like everyone to know that I dont think I invented anything here, and I have no need for ego stroking. All the information is available to everyone, too much of it in fact.
All I did was sort and refine until I had nothing left but the bare essentials and tried to deliver it in a simple, easy to understand manner. The video was my first edited video ever lol, I will get better and I will update the video this season ON SNOW :D

Thanks to everyone sharing good vibes 🤟
^Likewise, did the vid for a person that had a below the knee amp and had some ROM issues (was my first and only SB vid). I'm self-taught, during my initial schooling, had alot of difficulty understanding basic concepts and moves. A large part of the difficulty, was watching others on hill you couldn't see what was actually happening under the baggy clothes and they were moving too fast. So in the vid just covering some basic gems that folks graciously bestowed on me over the years. The vid is basic conceptual stuff I wish someone would have done in a simple easy package. wrath

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
^Likewise, did the vid for a person that had a below the knee amp and had some ROM issues (was my first and only SB vid). I'm self-taught, during my initial schooling, had alot of difficulty understanding basic concepts and moves. A large part of the difficulty, was watching others on hill you couldn't see what was actually happening under the baggy clothes and they were moving too fast. So in the vid just covering some basic gems that folks graciously bestowed on me over the years. The vid is basic conceptual stuff I wish someone would have done in a simple easy package. wrath
Is that you?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Tonight I want to talk about heel side chatter.
The cause of heel chatter is that our bodies are not inside the turn radius.

Picture your heel turn drawn out on the ground in front of you. A big half circle right.
Now lets think about riding a motorbike around it. You're going to want to lean in a bit huh, or you would fall off, being outside the circle and all. . .
Well it's the same fajita on a snowboard lads and ladies. Lean in or fall off the obtuse side of your own turn. A turn you created, but got on the wrong side of from the begining.

So how do we get inside the radius? Inside the circle?
With a single movement, we roll our front knee around as far as we can and hold it. Assume position-hold, the by products of this pose are tremendous.
Relax and let time create the turn for you. As the turn comes around it becomes obvious to lean back and pop out.

Inside the circle you can do no wrong. ✌✌✌

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
(I have nothing to add, just want to follow this thread.)

101 - 120 of 137 Posts