Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the last 2 months ive been riding the 2015 Evil Twin Asymetrical which is also the Lobster Halldor Helgason Pro model with a different graphic....

The board has a symetrical/twin flex tip to tail and an asymetrical flex from toe to heel edge along with a deeper heel sidecut.

This being my first asym, i could tell a slight difference with the heel edge sidecut radius being a little tighter but not enough to justify not going back to symmetrical sidecuts...

Pros=

-The TBT (triple base) is absolutely brilliant! its saved my ass a few times landing 90 degrees under/over rotated but doesn't stop the edge from digging in strong when you need it.

-Great pop and feels really solid landing big hits

-The flex is a nice middle ground for a park board, Flexible enough to press but still very stable

Cons=

-Sub Par build quality or materials?...Thin edges broke in several places after minor impacts on rails, impacts my Lib Tech TRS took like a champ...Severe top sheet chipping after 2 days

Other than the build quality, i love how this deck rides in the park, wouldn't take it out on a pow day tho...although, i would like to try a powder board with the triple base tech, having your edges lifted a bit in deep snow could lower the tomahawk count. :blahblah:

·
Registered
280 Posts
i've got a bataleon magic carpet and it is a wicked fun board, both in the steep & deep pow and on more groomed runs. if you liked the tbt this is a superb board. only gripe is it is a bit soft and doesn't take knocks as well as my riot.

·
Registered
280 Posts
yeah, i will have to see if i can get a demo on a boss. it's that or get the last 159w riot i can find online. love my riot, don't know why they stopped making them, perfect board for "the larger lads" ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts