Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone paid attention to what happens when evo's sale ends in past years?

I am thinking about buying a board off there and there is only one day left in the sale. They seem to have a good amount of inventory of the board I want, I am just curious what the price will be when the sale is up.

It would seem weird to me that they would raise the price on a 2013 board that they have a good amount of.

Anyone have experience with what really happens after the sale, don't want to pull the trigger now only to find out I could get it for even cheaper after the sale.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey, I was in the same boat as you are a few weeks ago. The board I wanted was on sale for quite a bit and there was a ton of stock left. The prices always came back down to that previous minimum no matter what EVO said.

If what you want has over 9+ in stock, then there's a good chance it won't sell out and EVO will have to keep the price the same or lower it even more to get it to sell. They have a bunch of short "sales" that keep the final price the same but entice you to buy now by saying the sale is going to end soon. Wait it out.

Additionally, EVO has a pricing guarantee where if the price of what you bought falls even further within 20 days of your purchase, you can contact them and they'll give you a refund in the form of a gift certificate.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
378 Posts
A new sale with a different name. Sometimes specific items go up, and you have to wait a couple of weeks for them to drop again.

You could also call them and say "Dood it was cheaper last week!" And I bet they would sell it at the old price.

Their customer service is pretty good and easy to work with.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yeah their customer service is good. I emailed a month after I bought a board and say hey man...now you are offering an extra discount! What the hey!? And they totally refunded the money no hassle and within 48 hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts