Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
241 - 260 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have ad block at work but not on my home computer and the difference here is astounding.

At home without adblock the site is laggy (delayed scroll), does odd reloads, random "keywords" in posts are hyperlinked (for example the word 'towel' in a post might be linked to some towels on sale), ads pop up over pictures in posts, on and on.

It's kinda like a yard that's jammed packed with every single lawn ornament that person could find.
check your email

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm half coherent this morning and can't tell if there's a real pissing match going on about EL & SBF. There are people here that obviously are emotionally invested in this place and are protective of it and vice versa about guys and EL, but at this point we're all just dumb semi-hairless monkeys pining over snow in the middle of summer buying more stuff for snow that is falling less (Lets go la nina!). More alike than different.

I also see that a few people from EL are trying to make SBF look a lot like EL and it might stick, but the fact that there weren't some of these threads already on SBF I think speaks to some differences between forums. I'm just contrasting, not criticizing. I've poked around and found a lot of good reads on here. Obviously some real knowledgeable people. Again, we're more alike than different.

I wasn't a part of the OG Burton Message Board (BMB) which turned into EL, but there was a lot of deep knowledge that carried over and I thought EL had a unique place in snowboarding. It's aggravating to keep losing EL, the history of threads built up over time and the guys. Man oh man I miss the depth of the vintage snowboard thread that once was.

I think it would be nice to be able to replace EL and I think we'll try for what it's worth. So stay tuned I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I'm half coherent this morning and can't tell if there's a real pissing match going on about EL & SBF. There are people here that obviously are emotionally invested in this place and are protective of it and vice versa about guys and EL, but at this point we're all just dumb semi-hairless monkeys pining over snow in the middle of summer buying more stuff for snow that is falling less (Lets go la nina!). More alike than different.

I also see that a few people from EL are trying to make SBF look a lot like EL and it might stick, but the fact that there weren't some of these threads already on SBF I think speaks to some differences between forums. I'm just contrasting, not criticizing. I've poked around and found a lot of good reads on here. Obviously some real knowledgeable people. Again, we're more alike than different.

I wasn't a part of the OG Burton Message Board (BMB) which turned into EL, but there was a lot of deep knowledge that carried over and I thought EL had a unique place in snowboarding. It's aggravating to keep losing EL, the history of threads built up over time and the guys. Man oh man I miss the depth of the vintage snowboard thread that once was.

I think it would be nice to be able to replace EL and I think we'll try for what it's worth. So stay tuned I guess.
I think that really the only annoying thing is the guys that aren't posting anywhere but this thread, complaining about the content but not doing anything to contribute to it. For example, everyone said the gang at EL was next level for gearwhoring, but when I revived the "Show us your quiver" thread, only one guy from this thread posted a quiver shot. I've seen great stuff posted, and some of ya seem great, but just like anything else, there are folks that just show up to complain. :dry:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think that really the only annoying thing is the guys that aren't posting anywhere but this thread, complaining about the content but not doing anything to contribute to it. For example, everyone said the gang at EL was next level for gearwhoring, but when I revived the "Show us your quiver" thread, only one guy from this thread posted a quiver shot. I've seen great stuff posted, and some of ya seem great, but just like anything else, there are folks that just show up to complain. :dry:
I can understand that. However I wouldn't think it's ultimately a very serious criticism of SBF, but maybe more or less just some guys still hoping to get EL back and looking for a reason to push that forward.

Besides, posting a quiver is like letting another dog sniff your butt. Kind of a commitment. I never even posted one on EL, but mostly because I didn't have a cool barn to line my boards up in.

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
7,539 Posts
Complaining is an Olympic sport.

Okay, it should be an Olympic sport.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,545 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well said.

But ya, good to see more shredders coming together in general. And from the looks of it, most of you guys seem to really know your stuff which makes for great reading. Guess that's where all the new recent Brand threads came from lol. When I seen the BFBF dude msg in all of them saying he had a board in all, I couldn't believe someone would have that many boards (minus Neni & her hubby's, and TT too) ... until now lol.

But ya, hopefully you guys can further enhance this place better than it already is. It helps make the summer pass by much faster. It's going fast ... and slow all at the same time (the High Cascade session edits, constant re-watching of Ben Ferg, Nicolas Muller edits have helped), if that makes any sense lol.

And with regards to those 1st time advice threads, etc. I understand that it can be a bit bothersome, but we were all there once I guess so doesn't hurt to help once in a while? Or like few have already said, just sift thru and read what is more applicable or interesting to you.

Either way, this place has been pretty great for the most part since i joined and great ppl with some helpful info/advice ... I just try to stay away from the NS & The Good Ride debates, cos those get quite heated and ugly at times here loll. But ya, looking forward to the new influx of info, pics and exclusives from you EL peeps.

PS. Ya, hated the whole having to re-log everytime. But once you save your ID & PW, you should be good and not have that issue anymore after.

·
Registered
676 Posts
never seen NS debates, maybe libtech. never seen anyone slightly defend thegoodride. mixed up forums?

Lol, since my time here I've seen it happen a couple times. Esp 2 very well known users on here that go at it, regarding the NS topic. And lol, ok for TGR, maybe not so much a debate but more so a ripfest on their reviews.

·
Registered
47 Posts
No ones forcing you to read those threads or even visit this forum.
That's like coming in my house, dinking my beer and then telling me that my cable package ain't worth shit and my wife is fugly. 5 seconds later I'm asking you how the remote control tastes.
no, I’m its like me saying your free tv, not paid cable, has too many god damn commercials and the signal cuts out randomly. Where are the rabbit ears I can put foil on? I’m not reading those other threads. For the record, I was a member (or at least a lurker before I finally joined) here waaay before I found EL.

Person from site that went belly up complaining new site that is still up and running has too many ads. For homework you can try to determine if a correlation exists.
Nobody likes ads, but you have to pay for the lights somehow. This isn't Star Trek.
I’ve always been willing to pay an annual fee to keep the lights on, in order to maintain a forum with a small group of dedicated riders (plus dave and doc). :chin:
At home without adblock the site is laggy (delayed scroll), does odd reloads, random "keywords" in posts are hyperlinked (for example the word 'towel' in a post might be linked to some towels on sale), ads pop up over pictures in posts, on and on.
It's kinda like a yard that's jammed packed with every single lawn ornament that person could find.
:iagree:
I also see that a few people from EL are trying to make SBF look a lot like EL and it might stick, but the fact that there weren't some of these threads already on SBF I think speaks to some differences between forums. I'm just contrasting, not criticizing. I've poked around and found a lot of good reads on here. Obviously some real knowledgeable people.
it would be nice if this thread, and the EL influx to this site, brings light to those knowledgable members here and it would be rad if they joined a potential new EL site. Obviously anyone posting in here is emotionally invested enough to be a positive contribution, whether they like the fact that I (and maybe others) am not as happy here as with the old content and small, tight-knit member base.

I think that really the only annoying thing is the guys that aren't posting anywhere but this thread, complaining about the content but not doing anything to contribute to it. For example, everyone said the gang at EL was next level for gearwhoring, but when I revived the "Show us your quiver" thread, only one guy from this thread posted a quiver shot. I've seen great stuff posted, and some of ya seem great, but just like anything else, there are folks that just show up to complain.
I’d love to contribute if my browser at work didn’t freeze up and reload every time I’m half way through typing a reply to a thread, causing me to lose everything and have to start over. Annoying is an understatement. :rantexplode: For the record I had to multi-quote, cut and paste everything into Word, then paste it back here to be able to post all this. :brickwall:
I’d post a quiver pic if I could, but the pic I have isn’t very current and is missing about 7-8 boards. :eek:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I’ve always been willing to pay an annual fee to keep the lights on, in order to maintain a forum with a small group of dedicated riders (plus dave and doc). :chin:

:iagree:
it would be nice if this thread, and the EL influx to this site, brings light to those knowledgable members here and it would be rad if they joined a potential new EL site. Obviously anyone posting in here is emotionally invested enough to be a positive contribution, whether they like the fact that I (and maybe others) am not as happy here as with the old content and small, tight-knit member base.

I’d love to contribute if my browser at work didn’t freeze up and reload every time I’m half way through typing a reply to a thread, causing me to lose everything and have to start over. Annoying is an understatement. :rantexplode: For the record I had to multi-quote, cut and paste everything into Word, then paste it back here to be able to post all this. :brickwall:
I’d post a quiver pic if I could, but the pic I have isn’t very current and is missing about 7-8 boards. :eek:
basically you're a dick. I'll give an analogy that might make it easier to understand. the party you were at was shut down by the cops for being too loud. a friend tells you, hey there's another party if you want to check it out. you go but you don't know anyone besides the people you came with. you're out of your comfort zone and start complaining: "the party before was more fun, this sucks, why can't we have another party like the last one? fuck you guys I'm out." to a room full of strangers. how you should handle it? "hey guys, this party is a little tame for my taste, there's going to be a kick ass party a few blocks down that I plan on setting up, hot chicks galore. you guys are free to come and check it out, thanks for having me." while some people may have an attachment to this site people are flexible. you just come off as a little whiny bitch.

I like the EL guys. you? not so much. pay for lifetime membership if it bothers you that much. I'm pretty sure using a work computer for http:www.snowboardingforum.com looks way shadier than adding adblock to your browser.

241 - 260 of 281 Posts