Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
261 - 280 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Jae, you need to understand that EL guys usually, for the most part are dicks. They are a group of old, cranky people who is probably prone to offending at least 1 person on a weekly basis and they don't give a fuck about doing so. That being said; they are also probably some of the most knowledgeable and passionate people when it comes to snowboarding (me excluded because all I do is just gear whore). Just treat us like you would your racist grandparents and every once in a while they will drop some knowledge.

On another topic:
I was listening to an interesting podcast this morning Parts & Labor | Trade Shows | NAVY | Trump | Buying Cycles

The owners of Nightmare and Owner Operator brings up an interesting concept: the absurdity of the yearly snowboard market schedule. I have to agree on this to a certain extent. What's the point of having to come out with a "new" model every single year? In most cases the gear hardly changes internally, with only cosmetic changes.

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
7,539 Posts
On another topic:
I was listening to an interesting podcast this morning Parts & Labor | Trade Shows | NAVY | Trump | Buying Cycles

The owners of Nightmare and Owner Operator brings up an interesting concept: the absurdity of the yearly snowboard market schedule. I have to agree on this to a certain extent. What's the point of having to come out with a "new" model every single year? In most cases the gear hardly changes internally, with only cosmetic changes.
Of course marketing is absurd. It always has been. What's the point of convincing people that they have to replace their old Buick with the new Buick with the slightly different fender shape? Oh, yeah... profit.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Of course marketing is absurd. It always has been. What's the point of convincing people that they have to replace their old Buick with the new Buick with the slightly different fender shape? Oh, yeah... profit.
Yeah but cars have multi-year product life cycles where the market is receptive to their offerings on a year round basis.

The market for snowboarding is entirely different. Gear is constantly tweaked, updated, and marketed for a consumer base that is only really market viable for half the year.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,545 Posts
Basically we're all old dudes who are pissed that our knees don't work like they used to.
Except for my now, wanting to be able to SB as long as I can draw breath, I wouldn't care as much about the knees so long as I can continue to "stand tall" without the need for "daddy's little blue helper!" :grin:>:). Now THAT there's a marketing juggernaut!

TMI?? :laugh: 0:)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Jae, you need to understand that EL guys usually, for the most part are dicks. They are a group of old, cranky people who is probably prone to offending at least 1 person on a weekly basis and they don't give a fuck about doing so. That being said; they are also probably some of the most knowledgeable and passionate people when it comes to snowboarding (me excluded because all I do is just gear whore). Just treat us like you would your racist grandparents and every once in a while they will drop some knowledge.
like I said, I like the EL guys, just not that guy. It's fine to kick the tires on a car. good analogy btw.

·
Registered
47 Posts
basically you're a dick. I'll give an analogy that might make it easier to understand. the party you were at was shut down by the cops for being too loud. a friend tells you, hey there's another party if you want to check it out. you go but you don't know anyone besides the people you came with. you're out of your comfort zone and start complaining: "the party before was more fun, this sucks, why can't we have another party like the last one? fuck you guys I'm out." to a room full of strangers. how you should handle it? "hey guys, this party is a little tame for my taste, there's going to be a kick ass party a few blocks down that I plan on setting up, hot chicks galore. you guys are free to come and check it out, thanks for having me." while some people may have an attachment to this site people are flexible. you just come off as a little whiny bitch.

I like the EL guys. you? not so much. pay for lifetime membership if it bothers you that much. I'm pretty sure using a work computer for http:Welcome - snowboardingforum.com looks way shadier than adding adblock to your browser.
per your analogy, the "party" was not shut down "by the cops". its more like the homeowner saying "I'm done, get out" without a legitimate reason why. it’s like the EL members were from high school A and were at a party for high school A students, but it got shut down. So those students were in a room at a public library talking about it and you, being from high school B, come in, add what you feel you have to contribute and when someone says something you don’t like, you start calling them names. This thread title states what it’s about. You weren’t ever on EL, why are you in here? :shrug:

this site (not the content, members nor information) isn’t what it could be. it’s been addressed by others. the domain is owned and operated by a company that has nothing to do with what it "supports" and is purely in place for click-bait add revenue. it’s not supporting snowboarding and it’s not supporting you. if you wish to not acknowledge that, by all means stay on your high horse. :deadhorse:

All I’ve “complained” about is purely from an operational standpoint. Why you choose to take it personal is beyond me. Not once have I personally attack not called any member here names. The fact that you choose to do so, on a site you’ve been on three and a half years less than I, adds “lack of character” to the “lack of content”. While I’m not doubting the community isn’t solid here, the fact that many threads had to be started by former EL members, threads that should have been started years ago, is an undeniable fact that there’s a different type of snowboarder here than the EL iterations. I think it would be rad to have a new home for EL, and to have a bunch of SBF’s core members follow because I know there are some here with valuable things to share and contribute. I’d rather go to a bar where everyone knows each other than out to the club where people pop in and out but only a handful actually frequents the establishment. To each their own I suppose. You never asked my opinion, but I certainly never asked yours. You don’t have to like me. I don’t go to snowboard forums to talk about feelings, I go to talk about gear and shred. Why don’t you and your black-on-black-on-black kit go back to the bunny hill and pick up more stones to throw? (yep, just stooped to your level) :eat_my_shorts:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Look who's back. Shady's back. Lets be friends. It's ok. You missed a great 'first board?' thread where the dude that started it probably hasn't even bothered to read our responses or at least acknowledged our input. I love those threads. Full of win!

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
per your analogy, the "party" was not shut down "by the cops". its more like the homeowner saying "I'm done, get out" without a legitimate reason why. it’s like the EL members were from high school A and were at a party for high school A students, but it got shut down. So those students were in a room at a public library talking about it and you, being from high school B, come in, add what you feel you have to contribute and when someone says something you don’t like, you start calling them names. This thread title states what it’s about. You weren’t ever on EL, why are you in here? :shrug:

this site (not the content, members nor information) isn’t what it could be. it’s been addressed by others. the domain is owned and operated by a company that has nothing to do with what it "supports" and is purely in place for click-bait add revenue. it’s not supporting snowboarding and it’s not supporting you. if you wish to not acknowledge that, by all means stay on your high horse. :deadhorse:

All I’ve “complained” about is purely from an operational standpoint. Why you choose to take it personal is beyond me. Not once have I personally attack not called any member here names. The fact that you choose to do so, on a site you’ve been on three and a half years less than I, adds “lack of character” to the “lack of content”. While I’m not doubting the community isn’t solid here, the fact that many threads had to be started by former EL members, threads that should have been started years ago, is an undeniable fact that there’s a different type of snowboarder here than the EL iterations. I think it would be rad to have a new home for EL, and to have a bunch of SBF’s core members follow because I know there are some here with valuable things to share and contribute. I’d rather go to a bar where everyone knows each other than out to the club where people pop in and out but only a handful actually frequents the establishment. To each their own I suppose. You never asked my opinion, but I certainly never asked yours. You don’t have to like me. I don’t go to snowboard forums to talk about feelings, I go to talk about gear and shred. Why don’t you and your black-on-black-on-black kit go back to the bunny hill and pick up more stones to throw? (yep, just stooped to your level) :eat_my_shorts:
now you're nit picking. the gist was the party ended.

I'm not defending the site, I was just calling you a whiny bitch.

edit* go on and have the last word as I'm done.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,624 Posts
While I’m not doubting the community isn’t solid here, the fact that many threads had to be started by former EL members, threads that should have been started years ago, is an undeniable fact that there’s a different type of snowboarder here than the EL iterations
I don’t go to snowboard forums to talk about feelings, I go to talk about gear and shred.
Yup. Seems so. I don't know EL... but those threads you feel to be a necessity? I don't think that they will fly here. As you mention, different type of ppl here. In my experience, the comunity here is more about the "shred" part (where to shred, how type of terrain n snow shreds differently, shred BC, how to improve their shred, share how their shred was, share sound for shredding, meet n shred) than brand specific gear whoring. I assume that's why there were no "official xy brand" threads, but long time going "xy region" and "share/favourite" threads.

It's summer now, so not much shred going on, but in winter time, I enjoy the pics n trip reports n regional forums going on.

BTW, if the adds are so unnerving? Get a membership for a handfull coins and they'll be away. I didn't even know that there are adds :).

·
Registered
1 Posts
read through all 27 pages. bit ridiculous with that guy dropping 3.0 with no warning. "this is for snowboarding"...fuck that guy. ready for any EL re-incarnation to pop up.

props to SBF for the "temp" housing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
@highme, Tnx for the new place!

I've tried to register, everything worked well and i got this message:
"You have successfully created your account! To begin using this site you will need to activate your account via the email we have just sent to your address." - the thing is i didnt got any mail till now... is there anything you can do about it? :)

261 - 280 of 281 Posts