Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im an intermediate rider with about 7 years of experience under my belt. Im looking for a new board before this season starts and Im between a couple choices.

I live near Tahoe, so I ride primarily @ heavenly. I usually rip groomers, ride pow bowls, and occasionally hit the trees. If I find a natural jump then Ill take it, but I never venture into the park.

I'm 185lb and 6'1 size 9.5shoe.
For these reasons I'm between 2 all mountain boards - the Jones Explorer 162cm and the Burton Flight attendant 162cm. Ill likely pair these with either Union Flights or Burton Cartels.

I'm trying to stay away from analysis paralysis here. Wondering what you all's opinions are on the boards I chose. if you have any other recommendations as well, I'm all ears. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Both are great boards. For me the Explorer/Frontier was my preference. I thought that it held a better edge on harder snow/ice. Everywhere else they were interchangeable. Whichever you choose will be a good fit for what you've described, though. I had both in 159 cm.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Still equivocal for me. Funny enough, despite all of that, the FA is the one that I kept.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts