Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just got my first board. It's an Atomic Banger. This is an extremely newbie question, but how do I know which end is the front and which one is the back end?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
measure the binding insert holes to the tips. which tip is longer? the longer side is the front. not familiar with the board but most likely its directional

·
Super Moderator
6,346 Posts
Also the graphics will be set up so that the graphics are right-side-up when the board is nose-up-tail-down.

The only exception to my suggestion and Mistahtaki's suggestion would be with a true twin, and in that case there is no front and back.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
Also the graphics will be set up so that the graphics are right-side-up when the board is nose-up-tail-down.

The only exception to my suggestion and Mistahtaki's suggestion would be with a true twin, and in that case there is no front and back.
I'm a real NooB, and don't know anything about or even IF this applies to the afore mentioned board, so please forgive me if this is an ignorant question to ask in reply to your statement,.. But aren't there "True Twins" being made now that have asymmetrical side cuts? (different radii for the heel & toe?) In that instance, wouldn't there actually be a front & back to the board? :dunno:

later edit:
...or does an "Asymmetrical" side cut actually mean it "Isn't" a true twin?
(...Just hoping to pick up and confirm some more knowledge on boards 'n such!)

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
... and the much loved A.S.S. Pickle.

Seriously?? :laugh: There's a board out there called an A.S.S. Pickle???? :blink: :laugh: LMAO!!! That's Cool! Hope it's an Awesome Ride with a name like that!
I'm pretty secure in my hetero status, but I'd STILL have to think long & hard about being seen riding an A.S.S pickle!!! :laugh::laugh:

Edit:
(...AWWW Hell!!! didn't catch my own obvious puns until I posted!!! Bet I'll take some shit for that!!):laugh:

Edit: Edit:
(DAMN!!!!! ....Again??)

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
The Impossible ASS Pickle by Gnu. I have tried the regular park pickle and its a fun board! Does saying you want to ride the ass pickle make one gay?????

:laugh::laugh: ...don't know about "Gay!" But I think it would Certainly tend to be a conversation starter!! :giggle: (...or ender!) :laugh:

...sorry if I in-advertently Hijacked the thread! :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
6,346 Posts
I've never had an ass pickle :wacko: but I'd guess that the thing is symmetrical in that you just flip it end for end depending on whether you're regular or goofy. Otherwise they'd have to make two versions.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah, the ASS pickle is symetrical length-wise and has a specific heel and toe edge. You then ride it in whichever direction. Demoed one, nice board.

To the OP, a pic would probably help us with your question.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the reply guys. I think I know which end is the nose and tail now.

Another question, do I need to wax the board before using it? Or does it come already waxed? It's still sealed in plastic.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys. I think I know which end is the nose and tail now.

Another question, do I need to wax the board before using it? Or does it come already waxed? It's still sealed in plastic.
Hey mate, how many times have you gone boarding before? Forgive me for making assumptions but you DID ask which way is up ..

I did a quick search of the atomic banger. It's got a flex of 9 and it's cambered with nose and tail rocker - in other words this will probably be a very unforgiving and mean board if you are new and probably even if you are an intermediate ..

If you're not pretty darn good already then I highly suggest you save that board for a little later in your progression or else you might end up hating snowboarding.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
measure the binding insert holes to the tips. which tip is longer? the longer side is the front. not familiar with the board but most likely its directional

Much simpler solution: The wider bit is nose and the narrower one is the tail.

[/Thread]

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Oh I get that when talking about this specific board. I was just saying in general that if someone has a board that they dont know what it is, if it happens to be a true twin, then this method wouldnt really work right? Asking a question, not debating....:)
I normally just find the promotional page/website and see which way the manufacturer put up. :laugh:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey mate, how many times have you gone boarding before? Forgive me for making assumptions but you DID ask which way is up ..

I did a quick search of the atomic banger. It's got a flex of 9 and it's cambered with nose and tail rocker - in other words this will probably be a very unforgiving and mean board if you are new and probably even if you are an intermediate ..

If you're not pretty darn good already then I highly suggest you save that board for a little later in your progression or else you might end up hating snowboarding.
Keel Bright, I've ridden about 6 times. I now have a Ride Agenda board (which I think is for beginners) and I feel comfortable with it, so I decided to pick up this new board on the cheap. But you're right, if this board sucks for me, perhaps I'll wait until I'm more advanced to use it.

Another rookie question: do I need to wax the board before using it? I'm assuming there's factory wax, so I can use it right out of the plastic.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Keel Bright, I've ridden about 6 times. I now have a Ride Agenda board (which I think is for beginners) and I feel comfortable with it, so I decided to pick up this new board on the cheap. But you're right, if this board sucks for me, perhaps I'll wait until I'm more advanced to use it.

Another rookie question: do I need to wax the board before using it? I'm assuming there's factory wax, so I can use it right out of the plastic.
Oh, that's good then! You'll find that you'll need to go into turns with speed and your edge-to-edge transitions need to be very precise (don't get lazy!), but if it fits your riding style it will definitely be very rewarding to ride. You should give it a shot, and if it's a bit too much to handle for now you have a fallback =)

How stiff are your boots and bindings? If you have softer bindings you will probably need to dial up the highback lean so that you can actually have some control over your board.

Cheers , and good riding!

You don't NEED to wax it the first time but it's recommended as factory wax is generally regarded as ... shit. =)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts