1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol.....just hear me out...

has anyone ever fallen and heard their whole skeleton crack?....including
the neck?......

I don't enjoy falling,.....but on a couple occasions, I have and have gotten up and went...."oh...wow....(wiggle body/ circles with head/side to side) that actually felt good"......hmm....and whistled down the slope...:giggle:

anyone else experience this liberating phenomenon?....

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Yep, but nope. I caught an edge my 3rd time ever riding and slammed hard on my hip. It caused my back to crack all the way up to my skull. My left hip and leg felt paralysed. I couldn't move for like 5 minutes. Did not feel good man. :icon_scratch:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
i try to work out all the kinks before i go up, maybe i should just leave it alone for my slams to fix, hmmmm

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I've had that happen when my neck was twisted sideways. Felt similar to a chiropractic neck adjustment.
The reason you may feel better is if you had subluxations that were corrected by the fall. (vertebrae that are out of position putting pressure on spinal nerves)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, but nope. I caught an edge my 3rd time ever riding and slammed hard on my hip. It caused my back to crack all the way up to my skull. My left hip and leg felt paralysed. I couldn't move for like 5 minutes. Did not feel good man. :icon_scratch:
yea,.....that's alittle harder of a slam than I had in mind...
i'm talkin' bout one of them little...'oops I tripped, slightly caught my edge at a lower speed' type falls.....

but yea, that sux...those types of slams you're talkin' bout are the ones we all try to avoid....
hope your hip is back 2 normal

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had that happen when my neck was twisted sideways. Felt similar to a chiropractic neck adjustment.
The reason you may feel better is if you had subluxations that were corrected by the fall. (vertebrae that are out of position putting pressure on spinal nerves)
yea!....that's IT!!....after it happens I feel loose as a goose:)

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with nope! Maybe because I already have some lower back issues, but I can't say the aftermath of any fall I've had felt good. There have been more than a few that were funny as hell! Where I've spent a few minutes on my face or ass, laughing, or trying to, after having had the wind knocked out of me. But they still hurt!

The one and only "good" feeling I get out of falling is, if it happened because I was trying something new, or pushing myself to go faster or ride harder terrain,.. I take some solice in remembering the often quoted philosophy one hears here. The one that says, "if you aren't falling? You aren't progressing!"

(....End of last season, I was progressing myself half to death!) ;)

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Yeah I've had that happen. But not while snowboarding, I was wakeboarding and was doing a trick wake to wake landed wrong and smacked the water. Every single joint in my body popped. I laid there thinking I broke something for sure but got back in the boat and felt like a million bucks.

Would prefer not to crash again and just be out of alignment. Lol

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
yea,.....that's alittle harder of a slam than I had in mind...
i'm talkin' bout one of them little...'oops I tripped, slightly caught my edge at a lower speed' type falls.....

but yea, that sux...those types of slams you're talkin' bout are the ones we all try to avoid....
hope your hip is back 2 normal
Had to pull my leg everytime I got in or out of the car for a few days. So, I was the laughing stock for awhile. Walking was fine though. After a week or so I was golden.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I got my first turns yesterday, and I'm pretty sure falling didn't feel good. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with nope! Maybe because I already have some lower back issues, but I can't say the aftermath of any fall I've had felt good. There have been more than a few that were funny as hell! Where I've spent a few minutes on my face or ass, laughing, or trying to, after having had the wind knocked out of me. But they still hurt!

The one and only "good" feeling I get out of falling is, if it happened because I was trying something new, or pushing myself to go faster or ride harder terrain,.. I take some solice in remembering the often quoted philosophy one hears here. The one that says, "if you aren't falling? You aren't progressing!"

(....End of last season, I was progressing myself half to death!) ;)
yea, this one guy....it was weird.....but I always knew he was really hurt if he started laughing.....otherwise,.....he'd just flail around on the ground trying to get up.....lol

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
yea?......how's the "rice paper"?

that's what I call the butt......:laugh:
Umm... Sore, but my whole body is a little. It was an interesting day, going from a 164w full camber K2 from '07 to my SL. Kinda kicked my ass for a few hours.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I think the only "good" feel I got from falling was the endorphins kicking in after a particularly bad ass smash where I was in excruciating pain immedately and for hours. No bones broken, finished the run and drove home but I had that adrenaline high feeling for hours after and though still in pain I was so amped up and I remember my arms feeling like they needed to move and my teeth felt on edge. It was weird-I smoked so many cigarettes on the way home and everyone felt like the first... so good. It was an awful feeling being so like on edge and it lasted so long.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I've had that happen. But not while snowboarding, I was wakeboarding and was doing a trick wake to wake landed wrong and smacked the water. Every single joint in my body popped. I laid there thinking I broke something for sure but got back in the boat and felt like a million bucks.

Would prefer not to crash again and just be out of alignment. Lol
it's scary when you hear shit snappin', crackin' and poppin'.....s'pecially
at our age.......
I deff don't like fallin' ...but once n' awhile alittle "chirospill" is nice....
only thing is they're never predictable........it's always by chance.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Umm... Sore, but my whole body is a little. It was an interesting day, going from a 164w full camber K2 from '07 to my SL. Kinda kicked my ass for a few hours.
oh wow...I just realized you're in the same state as me.....
what resort did you ride at?????.....was it brule?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think the only "good" feel I got from falling was the endorphins kicking in after a particularly bad ass smash where I was in excruciating pain immedately and for hours. No bones broken, finished the run and drove home but I had that adrenaline high feeling for hours after and though still in pain I was so amped up and I remember my arms feeling like they needed to move and my teeth felt on edge. It was weird-I smoked so many cigarettes on the way home and everyone felt like the first... so good. It was an awful feeling being so like on edge and it lasted so long.
wow......sounds like mild shock or something.....
glad it turned out ok.....however your lungs may not be happy about it....lol

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
oh wow...I just realized you're in the same state as me.....
what resort did you ride at?????.....was it brule?
No, Trollhaugen. I live all the way west by MN.
Trollhaugen live cam

They were open Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Two ropes and one lift. They're closed the beginning of this week to blow snow for next weekend. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, Trollhaugen. I live all the way west by MN.
Trollhaugen live cam

They were open Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Two ropes and one lift. They're closed the beginning of this week to blow snow for next weekend. :D
heck yea!.....been there.....good times!

says they're gonna be open wed. too.....man, I would love to road trip out there this weekend.....

do they have any terrain park stuff set up?....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts