Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts

686 Smarty Truckee.
Totally in love with the design and color(Army). Way too expensive to afford right now(350!!) but I'm guessing within a year I could pick one up cheap/used. That's pretty much me though, I'm always wearing the outerwear I liked of 1-2 seasons ago because its the only way I can afford to get them lol.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Perfect thread! I am looking for a new jacket so cant wait to see what you guys post.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
I always see stuff like this posted here about Grenade. I have no experience with their stuff. What makes it garbage, other than the way it looks?
Looks are a matter of taste - some like the Grenade style, so do not. Bigger problem is that most of their stuff is cheaply made and tends to fall apart quickly. The gear is also not smartly designed (pockets often do not make sense, etc.).
Finally, many people have an issue with the brand - it was originally set up by Danny Kass and his brother Matt. Then there was a fairly acrimonious split-up that created a lot of bad blood. The perception these days is basically that Grenade is just trying to make a quick buck of people who do not know any better.

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
More days than not, this was my "jacket" of choice...

Wore it way more times than my new black 686 Command. In fact, I don't even think I wore my jacket in feb, mar, or apr.

·
Banned
257 Posts
if your willing to get over the price (and hell it is well worth the price). consider last years volcom mark landvik 3L jacket. its the best jacket ive ever owned. ok maybe not the best. 2nd only to the patagonia pow slayer. but that this is like professionally expensive.

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
wasn't it soaking wet at the end of the day??? There is no way i could wear a hoodie.
Not usually, we don't really get pow, and when we do, is tracked out early. I stand when I strap in, so n not much chance of really even getting snow on it. :D

if your willing to get over the price (and hell it is well worth the price). consider last years volcom mark landvik 3L jacket. its the best jacket ive ever owned. ok maybe not the best. 2nd only to the patagonia pow slayer. but that this is like professionally expensive.
Thanks for the tip... given your history of advice, I will be avoiding this one. :giggle:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Honestly cant say enough good about Homeschool Snowboarding stuff....their new jackets look pretty boss too. Best shell(s) i've ever owned

Attachments

1 - 20 of 58 Posts