Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dominator

Votes: 1 4.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is your favorite wax brand for universal all around value? Trying to rule out any super expensive or racing waxes.

I’ve read the other posts asking this question:

Looks like a favorite here is Hertel. I have been using hertel because of the price, ease of purchasing and all around performance. I’m looking to try other options though. I’ve noticed that arbor and Jones use Wend wax out of the factory. Of course Toko and Swix have lots of endorsement across snow sports.

the “shop wax” is referring to the in branded generic/ bulk product you can get from ski / snowboard shops. Usually coming in a 1lb block costing around $20

·
Registered
10,021 Posts
My others would be One Ball and Purl

Reactions: Kiwirider

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Does Burton use Fast Wax as a supplier?

Also any brands that I missed? I’ll limit it to anything accessible in the US. I would image there are brands from europe and Japan that aren’t available in theUS

·
Registered
44 Posts
Of course Toko and Swix have lots of endorsement across snow sports.
These companies are the Amazon and Walmart of the ski wax industry, please do not support them. Swix and Toko waxes are designed to make you spend money. Both companies are part of the same larger corporation attempting to monopolize the ski wax industry. They have contracts with all the big players so that the little guys aren't even allowed to compete. They've done some shady stuff to keep local products from becoming industry leaders. Most of the small guy products far outperform theirs. Support local, the guys designing those waxes know the best. The large corporations sell shitty products because they only care about the bottom dollar.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hertel SuperHot Sauce in the 340g block. Works for me in a variety of conditions.
I've been tuning and waxing my boards for the past 20+ years. 3 years ago I tried Hertel "Hot Sauce" and haven't looked back since. It goes on and absorbs beautifully, it scrapes clean and buffs into the structure like magic. It's durable and works well in all temperatures. Whether on the pitch or on the flat, I pass a lot of people. Love it. End of story !

·
Registered
280 Posts
One Ball Jay Bacon Wax. Even smells like bacon when melting it on the board, what beats bacon???

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Hertel Hot Sauce for me. Cheap and very fast except on the coldest of days here, and it's so easy to apply/scrape that it hardly takes any time to wax at all.

I could be persuaded to make my own concoction though or just use parafin wax. I'm not trying to win any races and I can already go way faster than is safe so cheap wins.

And in the summer, wax-no-scrape on Mt Hood is the way to go anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts