Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favourite board, past or present, you have ever ridden and what kind of stuff could you ride with it? mine was an old prior, dunno which model, smoothest carves ever!

·
Banned
257 Posts
DC Devun Pro

DC Devun Pro 162 2013 All mountain powder freestyle twin monstuuur

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
2001 Libtech Emma P. I think it was a 59. Loved the way it carved, turned me into a ninja in the trees.
I've only ever bought Libs since.

·
Registered
756 Posts
2008 Burton Supermodel

I'm not a big burton fan but I loved that board. I was pretty butthurt when I snapped it last year after landing hard on the nose. It felt light and playful underfoot (for what it is) and it's fast as hell. I got a 2010 supermodel X to replace it.

The NS Evo is my favorite park board, I really like it. It's a 2011 I think. Needs replaced soon too.. It's thrashed.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
This deck right here.

This is a "Luxury" brand snowboard, 1994 Shin Campos pro model.

It weighed about as much as an empty pop can.

It was only a 148cm deck, but it had a real long powder nose.

Super fun.

TT

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
1988-89Barfoot.jpg

This board, it's the board that ruined my life. The board I was riding when I turned from a teenager full of possibility into a full blown snowboard bum. Mine had the stock binders and I was riding Sorels with ski boot liners, velcro and plenty of duct tape. I wish there was some way of finding mine. On a side note the one in the photo looks odd that clean. I can't picture mine as anything other than the stickered and thrashed condition it was in at the end.

Another board of mention would be by a little company that never was, 11:59. The company was started by some of the team that was running 5150. Thermal made the protos and samples, orders might even have been taken. Then Ride bought Thermal and the rest is history. I was given a 149 to ride and was skeptical about the size. I rode that little thing everywhere, even some deeeep pow days. I want to say that was around 93 or 94. I'd love to find one of those for the collection too!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
2008 Burton Supermodel

I'm not a big burton fan but I loved that board. I was pretty butthurt when I snapped it last year after landing hard on the nose. It felt light and playful underfoot (for what it is) and it's fast as hell. I got a 2010 supermodel X to replace it.
Same. I still use my 2009 supermodel 172 as my daily driver here in oz

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts
2013 Jones Flagship. Had my best days riding with that one.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
To this day, for me, out of the 3 boardsports that I've enjoyed the last 30 years(sk8/surf/snow), the Powell and Peralta (maybe the coolest boardsports company evar too) twin blanks were just amazing. They came out in the early 90's and there were like 5 sizes in varying width and length.

Those things looked pretty much the same as decks today but it was just great to be able to pick them up by size anywhere when u broke one and they were just perfect, a brand new one was like a broken in shoe.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I like European Ironing Boards...
There's nothing wrong with Ironing boards:unsure:, unless you pay too much for them:thumbsdown:

Hey, look what I found:blink:

2 Carbon Fiber Oxess BoarderCross Snowboard

I stick boards on the Greyhound bus for people all across Canada, never had a problem & it's cheap.

Best part is, I can send them collect.

TT

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
There's nothing wrong with Ironing boards:unsure:, unless you pay too much for them:thumbsdown:
Now you're trying to get me to buy $900 used boards!?! :dunno: Come on man!

I can get a new ironing board for about $1000 all in, summer discounts on the European builders! :yahoo:

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Now you're trying to get me to buy $900 used boards!?! :dunno: Come on man!

I can get a new ironing board for about $1000 all in, summer discounts on the European builders! :yahoo:
Come on, you paid more than a grand for your Ironing board:unsure:

Sure $900 for one, but you could prolly get both of them for $1500?:dunno:

You'll pay $1200+ for a brand new one, but not $1500 for 2 that look virtually brand new & prolly have less broken spots than your 1?

It'd cost about $30 bucks to ship both of them.

TT

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Come on, you paid more than a grand for your Ironing board:unsure:
Yeah but that's when I didn't know that June is the time to contact the builders and get discounts! :yahoo: Plus Harper took away the import duties on boards so if I buy a brand new Virus this year it'll be a few hundred less than last year already. :yahoo:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
To this day, for me, out of the 3 boardsports that I've enjoyed the last 30 years(sk8/surf/snow), the Powell and Peralta (maybe the coolest boardsports company evar too) twin blanks were just amazing. They came out in the early 90's and there were like 5 sizes in varying width and length.

Those things looked pretty much the same as decks today but it was just great to be able to pick them up by size anywhere when u broke one and they were just perfect, a brand new one was like a broken in shoe.
The Search for Animal Chin almost changed my life. I took up skateboarding right then and there but didn't stick with it (parents had absolutely no money and are immigrants ... there was no way I was getting a board I'd sooner catch an ass whooping for asking too much) since I had a cheap board and no gear.

My buddy skates for Birdhouse though, but I don't think he's too well known (Willy Santos). Almost pushing 40 my high school friends just re-upped and are skating almost daily now. Very jealous seeing their photos on Facebook as I wait for winter ...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts