Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my 2008/9 ride prophet 161. With union force bindings. Beautiful board, maybe not the most interesting to look at but it's smooth as, lovely flex so it's easy to ride but I've had 64mph out of it with no drama. Carries so much speed on paths it's funny overtaking skating skiers and instructors. It's getting pushed out for a Surfari but i love this bad boy so much I'm still taking it away with me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm loving the huckknife pro but I have a k2 afterbeige in plastic signed by Steve Gruber which is awesome as well that's just a wallboard though there are only like 30 of them on the planet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My 162 Salomon Sick Stick will always be the one that got away.

Or more accurately, the one that I idiotically traded away lol

·
The Swiss Miss
7,395 Posts
Tough call... there are two types of "favorite" :).
Favorite in terms of being abolutely perfect but also specialized so only used on specific conditions, but there, it shines? Then it the trad. camber custom made deck (3rd from left). It's exactly as long n wide n flexing as I wanted it to be (and has my mountain range on the custom topsheet), and carves like a queen. Massive fun. But only rarely used.
If it's "favorite" in terms of the board I ride most, offers the most fun, and which - once it's done - I'll replace with yet another of that model because it's such a great allrounder, used 90% of time out in whatever I ride through the day, and if you'd put a gun on my head and urge me to choose a 1-board-quiver? I'd only ride the NS Lady West the rest of my life (4th from left), happily.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had more fun on my Whammy Bar than any thing I've ever owned. Absolute noodle, stability level ZERO but you can attempt some truly dumb shit on that thing and it forgives you and lets you survive to be stupid another day. I put over 130 days (in a row) on it before I broke the edge out of the tail of it.
Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 10.05.48 PM.png

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
My Rome Mod Rocker was the first board I ever road that I ever thought actually made me a better rider and begged me to ride harder and better than before. Literally took me days to get used to because in areas I'd normally be sketched out or compensating to not fall it took care of for me. Not sure how I'll ever ride anything different for all mountain.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Currently, Dupraz D1 6+. FANTASTIC if I have the opportunity to go fast. Most comfortable I've ever felt at high speeds on hard pack driving sustained carves, not just adjustment turns or slashes. Huge nose is also a lot of fun in low angle pow.

Downsides are pretty predictable for a 178 cm board: a LOAD in tight spaces (trees and chutes get extra spicy) and a pain in the ass to travel with. It's also a challenge manipulating at slow speeds... setting up a line in the trees takes a lot more to muscle it around.

If I lived in a place like the Alps where I rarely rode below tree line, this would be my everyday ride. In Tahoe, depends on the resort and the day.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
My favorite is the Korua Pencil Plus. Whenever I think of riding it's the first board I think about. It's not the board I'm going to pick every time. I don't enjoy riding it in bad resort or icy conditions. I enjoy riding my Tracer and will probably pick that one over the Pencil a lot of the times. The Pencil is still my favorite.

I love the sidecut and how it turns on piste. Preferably blue or red runs with no other people. Or piste with fresh snow.

It's just so nice riding powder and it doesn't feel cumbersome. Carving up on a bank and doing a heel side slash is so much fun.

I wish I had the skills to ride it like it deserves... :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
My newest board always seems to be my favorite. So at the moment that would be the Endeavor Archetype. Also been touring quite a bit lately and very impressed with my Jones Hovercraft. Hoping to have a new favorite next season and leaning towards Korua Dart...

·
Registered
658 Posts
Can you give me an assessment of the Signal Tailgunner. I am really close to getting one but need a true non biased feedback of it.

Thanks in advance
You looking at the split or the solid? @WigMar has the solid and way more experience than me. I've only had mine in 3-12" of pow, but I like it. I don't think it will sink even in deep deep, charges hard, no clue about carving as I've only surfed pow on it at this point. It's a lot of board, so takes some work getting edge to edge, but nothing crazy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 64 Posts