Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all,

I'm going to be in Fernie in Feb, looking to do 4 days of riding over a 5 day period. Unless I book accomodations, I'm not sure on where to get discounted tickets. Does anyone local have any tips, are Fernie tickets sold at Costco, etc?

Appreciate the help,

·
Registered
145 Posts
thank you, any idea of how much they are though? RCR are 2 for $125 probably? Based on Kicking horse prices last season?
Check out the link in my updated post. It's also worth noting that if my math is correct (and it may not be) getting an RCR Card is cheaper than Costco tickets if you use it at least 4 times.

RCR Rockies Card

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out the link in my updated post. It's also worth noting that if my math is correct (and it may not be) getting an RCR Card is cheaper than Costco tickets if you use it at least 4 times.

RCR Rockies Card
Actually, this would be a good idea, I did something like this when I went to Jasper a few years back, same sort of deal.

thank you,

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Yeah you can do the calculation between costco vs. Ski More Card... Somewhere around there it's better to get the card.

Sometimes by mid-winter you can find cards for sale on kijiji, in which case it would be cheaper, but you'd be shit out of luck if there weren't any left. The cards are only on sale until late December.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why can't I find anything on the RCR website about the 7 day card? The link in the above mentioned post is 2012.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Yeah you can do the calculation between costco vs. Ski More Card... Somewhere around there it's better to get the card.

Sometimes by mid-winter you can find cards for sale on kijiji, in which case it would be cheaper, but you'd be shit out of luck if there weren't any left. The cards are only on sale until late December.
Aren't the cards linked to you personally?

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Aren't the cards linked to you personally?
I don't think a picture comes up. In fact at any point I think you can link it to a credit card, and then when you use the lift each day it just charges you for the day... I've seen them for sale, and I've heard of people using each others free days, etc.

From the resorts point of view, they're still getting you on the hill for likely the same price they charge costco, possibly more! I bet costco makes $10 on each of the tickets they sell.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't think a picture comes up. In fact at any point I think you can link it to a credit card, and then when you use the lift each day it just charges you for the day... I've seen them for sale, and I've heard of people using each others free days, etc.

From the resorts point of view, they're still getting you on the hill for likely the same price they charge costco, possibly more! I bet costco makes $10 on each of the tickets they sell.
So you do register the cards in your name, but its not like you get ID'd at the window when you use it, and in fact the cards work in the ticket machines as well, so there is pretty much zero chance of getting called out on it if they do for some reason care.

However, you can set up the cards to be "direct-to-lift", which means you get a pass that looks almost the same as a season pass with a picture and name. And yea, it's linked to a credit card and charges the discounted rate to your CC.

Long story short, different people can in practice use the cards so long as it is only used once a day. Obviously the costco tickets have no such restriction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts