Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
It doesn't look like there would be as good energy transfer between the boot and the binding since the boot is raised a little off the binding and sitting on the locking mechanism. Maybe if you could reduce the size of the locking mechanism, or find a way to recess it into the base plate? That way the boot has full contact with the footbed? Looks like you are working hard I hope you find some success!

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
The thing that sticks out most to me is the method to release the boot. Raise your heel while pushing down on your toes...

Isn't that how you make a toeside turn?!? :dizzy:

edit: Here's the quote from the site: "Angle of attachment simulates cycling's clip-in pedals. Release is activated by the straight up pull of rear heel countered by the weight on the opposing side."

·
Registered
361 Posts
These bindings are death traps. Do people even ride step in bindings? I hate to break it to you op but these are not kickass, they are pretty stupid and look poorly made. I want these to get made so I can steal a pair and then shit on it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How are you supposed to be able to walk around in those boots, with a big aluminum(?) block under the middle of the boot?

·
Registered
964 Posts
The thing that sticks out most to me is the method to release the boot. Raise your heel while pushing down on your toes...

edit: Here's the quote from the site: "Angle of attachment simulates cycling's clip-in pedals. Release is activated by the straight up pull of rear heel countered by the weight on the opposing side."
:thumbsup:

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the video.

The other problem I see is snow getting packed in the fastener. I wonder how much 'on the snow' testing this guy has done.

I don't see this thing taking off.

·
Registered
570 Posts
these totally wouldn't be a pain in the ass on deep pow days...

plus, first post... advertising?

is it a full moon or something?!

:WTF:

·
Registered
90 Posts

Hmmmm I missed that on my read through. I thought surely there was like a hand operated external lock release or something. Yeah I don't think that is gonna work out haha

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you're that crazy about getting in your bindings quickly, buy flows. They'll take you maybe half a second longer and don't have any of the cons that these bindings have. Obvious cons to these are (1) the chunk of metal on the bottom of the boots, (2) response of the bindings and ability to flex with the board, (3) the secureness of the fit, (4) limited options on boots. These kinds of bindings will never take off.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Pretty sure step-in bindings have been done and people didn't want to die so they stopped buying them and manufacturers stopped making them. I'll take that extra 15 seconds at the top of my run for peace of mind on the way down. Kudos to you for trying something new but kudos for nothing else.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't want to knock for the sake of knocking. But...

It strikes me, once again, that this is trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist. I mean (from the kickstarter blurb): "it was always daunting to have to bend down or sit on the snow to secure our binding straps". Daunting? Really? Really?!

Secondly, and this is kind of important. You know that fancy logo you guys have? You do know that's already a logo, right? A logo for a rather large multinational car manufacturer who have used it, and variations of it, since 1980...

EDIT: I don't mean to be bitchy or anything, so sorry if it comes across that way. But the logo things is a big problem for you.

STR8TLINE:

SEAT:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts