Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Seymour today, and I discovered about noon that the little roller that they had between Mushroom Park and Chuck's Place had been regroomed into a proper hip jump. Most of the jumps around the mountain are too big for a first attempt, but this one was just right. I windmilled a lot the first few attempts until I got the balance, but I spent 3 hrs solid doing nothing but hitting that jump.

Those of you who are old hands at this would probably scoff at the size of the thing, but I don't care. I am stoked!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Few things feel better then the first time you hit a jump nice and smooth. Now work into grabbing. Then tweeking the grab.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Few things feel better then the first time you hit a jump nice and smooth. Now work into grabbing. Then tweeking the grab.
I hit some beginner jumps last year and was having a blast. Only topped by me being able to do an indy towards the end of the year.
Haven't hit the jumps yet this season, still getting used to the new setup. I"m not totally edge confident yet but getting there.
Snowboard Addiction was a huge help for me as well to teach me the finer points of jumping. Able to take off, air grab and land smoother because of them.

Hopefully a small park jump this year, straight airs at 1st then add a grab and finally a rotation, my goals for the year.

Congrat's on the jumping :thumbsup:
-Slyder

·
Super Moderator
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Snowboard Addiction was a huge help for me as well to teach me the finer points of jumping.
Yeah the SA vids helped me, mostly by giving me the confidence that I at least know what's the right way to do it. Actually doing it right of course is my problem :)

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Awesome!! :thumbsup: I remember stomping my first little kickers last season, feels great. Now if they would just make enough snow to actually have some jumps at my local hill I'd be in business :laugh:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Congrats man.... I'm hoping to land mine this year too.. I didn't get much time in last season since I was dumb and spent most of it helping friends learn the basics. I wanted to go beyond and start doing some park riding and jumps.. Didn't happen. So I'm making my attempt this year lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts