Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Finally pulled the trigger!

3K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  hardasacatshead 
#1 ·
Well after countless hours of research and drooling over heaps of sexy looking gear I've ordered my new setup for the upcoming season. PUUUUMPED! :yahoo:

Ended up going with a 157 Proto HD and Burton Genesis bindings. I'm banking on this lasting me a couple of seasons, otherwise the wife's gonna shoot me :blink:

I don't get to pick it up until early December once we get to the US but it's nice to know it's sitting there waiting.

Got some fantastic service from the guys at Salty Peaks in SLC by the way. It makes such a difference when you get a little help, particularly if ordering from the other side of the world (literally).

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
^this^

Sounds like a good shop with some solid CS. Although you might want to have a word with the guy that sold you the outer wear! (...The colors all wrong for the bindings you bought! Never mix pastels!!!) ;) :laugh:

#17 ·
I have been to Salty Peaks many times while in Utah nice shop. I almost got the Proto HD while I was there last season but just didn't want to come off the dough when I already had 3 boards with me. They also do trade in's and they also have the new Never Summer boards before most shops.:thumbsup:

#20 ·
The Aussie dollar is sitting around 94c to the US dollar at the moment so the conversion rate isn't too bad. However we tend to pay through the teeth over here because we've got grossly enormous taxes for everything from beer to pre-op transvestite hookers.

Aussie shops have the proto had for $829.99. 2013 genesis bindings are still going for $449, I couldn't even find the 2014s online after a quick search. Bottom line -don't come here for a bargain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.