Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by electric skateboards, and my childhood dream of snowboarding everywhere...

check out this snowboard you can ride on flat ground, or even uphill up to 20mph! and you can ride all year long.. no snow necessary!
The link below tells all. :thumbsup:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1178306230/leif-snowboard-everywhere

Battery: 18 3.6V lithium phosphate (LiFePO4) cells
Motor: Two 2000W electric brushless motors
Speed: 20 mph (wireless hand remote control)
Range: up to 8 miles (varies with terrain and riding style)
Recharging time: 60 minutes

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
ready your lawyers!

oh noes!

*mangles hand in failed attempt to grab money clip too fast

evidence disclosure:

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
doesn't this type of ridging where you use "Ruddering" to slide just promote and build muscle memory for very bad form on the real snow.

Kinda cool though I must admit :eusa_clap:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
It's not snowboarding though. No snow was slid upon in the making of this movie. It's a snowboarding simulation at best. Pretty cool I agree but not snowboarding.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,501 Posts
doesn't this type of ridging where you use "Ruddering" to slide just promote and build muscle memory for very bad form on the real snow.

Kinda cool though I must admit :eusa_clap:
-meh- :dunno:
...after seeing what the Baja Board is capable of, this seems like more of a cheap knockoff!

They look like they've put some work into it, but the biggest laugh I got from the video was the quote,... "Turns Asphalt into Powder!"

....Yeah, that's a "Face Shot" I think I'd like to PASS on!! :dizzy:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
-meh- :dunno:
...after seeing what the Baja Board is capable of, this seems like more of a cheap knockoff!

They look like they've put some work into it, but the biggest laugh I got from the video was the quote,... "Turns Asphalt into Powder!"

....Yeah, that's a "Face Shot" I think I'd like to PASS on!! :dizzy:
That was an amazing board, I wish it got funded. But that board still moves in one direction, and our board can go sideways, forwards, backwards and even spin down the street!

this youtube video demonstrates the tech behind it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDiY1FdGtbU

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
You obviously don't snowboard. A freebord teaches you how to skid a turn not do a dynamic carve. All this does is hinder people from learning good snowboarding habits.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You obviously don't snowboard. A freebord teaches you how to skid a turn not do a dynamic carve. All this does is hinder people from learning good snowboarding habits.
I'm not quite sure what difference you are referring to, but from my personal experience after riding for 14 years and freebording for 3, it feels strikingly similar. Esp considering that snow has extremely different material properties :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
Then you obviously don't know how to carve. Freebords slide turns the closest you're going to get to carving is removing that caster wheel in the middle and riding loose wide trucks.

The fact you're marketing this product to snowboarders is hilarious though. I would never ride this damn thing for a multitude of reasons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Then you obviously don't know how to carve. Freebords slide turns the closest you're going to get to carving is removing that caster wheel in the middle and riding loose wide trucks.

The fact you're marketing this product to snowboarders is hilarious though. I would never ride this damn thing for a multitude of reasons.
I'd love to hear your reasoning! Anything we can do to help make for a better rider experience is always welcomed

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
You mean give you free market feedback so you can change your product and make a profit. Capitalism, you want my consulting you pay. Just like every other company I deal with.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
You mean give you free market feedback so you can change your product and make a profit. Capitalism, you want my consulting you pay. Just like every other company I deal with.
You can have my feedback for a free demo board. Don't plan on ever buying one, but for a free one I think I could give my $.02.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts